[Mimaki GP-604D] DTG Inks and Chips - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Mimaki
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Mimaki series of DTG printers.

[Mimaki GP-604D] DTG Inks and Chips

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 13th, 2015 Oct 13, 2015 6:04:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: jude
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DTG Inks and Chips

We tried Refillable Carts and Permanent chips in our GP604d but the K slot is not detecting our carts. Do you have idea about this.

At first we were able to successfully load all 4 channels and was able to do a test print. We saw that there is a mixture of Cyan and black. So we pull out the K cart and suck a little air from its nozzle line. But as we put it back, it can't detect the cart.

Please help us figure this out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2015 Oct 30, 2015 7:40:56 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: DTG Inks and Chips

Sorry for such a late response to this email.
Is the problem that it doesn't detect the cartridge at all or that it doesn't detect ink in the cartridge?

The Mimaki cartridge slot has 3 sensors. 1 - Chip sensor which reads the ink type & ink volume, 2 - Cartridge sensor which detects the presence of a cartridge, 3 - ink low sensor which detects when the cartridge is low on ink.

It is either a problem with the cartridge itself, which you could try replacing OR a problem with one of the sensors (or motherboard).

Post make with some more info if you need more assistance.
Best of luck,

Old November 8th, 2015 Nov 8, 2015 11:30:44 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks JantexInks, you gave me a good info. For now we just ask the authorized technician to do the fixing. We suspect that the trouble is on the contact sensor of the cartridge sensor. Let you know later if how we worked it out.

Old June 2nd, 2016 Jun 2, 2016 12:06:40 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hello guys, just logged in since i forgot my passkey.

I still have this problem up to now with the ink sensor on K carts bay. It will not detect my refillable cart. I don't have an extra original carts with just few ink on it. Do you think buying new original carts will solve the problem. Does anyone here have idea to fix the ink contact sensor inside the machine?

TIA

Old June 2nd, 2016 Jun 2, 2016 11:15:07 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

So you need to try to determine if it is a cartridge sensor problem. Sometimes certain bulk cartridges will not fit correctly and not actuate the sensor. You can try any other cartridge or even an expired cartridge. As long as you get the printer to recognize the cartridge has been inserted.

If nothing you do makes a difference and you get the same cartridge error, then it is probably a bad sensor, but it could be the mobo. Replacing the sensor isn't necessarily difficult, but you may have to tear into the machine to access it.

Let me know if you need more help.

This is a discussion about DTG Inks and Chips that was posted in the Mimaki section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in