[Mimaki GP-604D] having trouble with mimaki GP-604D Garmet Printer - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Mimaki
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Mimaki series of DTG printers.

[Mimaki GP-604D] having trouble with mimaki GP-604D Garmet Printer

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 9:10:35 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default having trouble with mimaki GP-604D Garmet Printer

I am having trouble with my Mimaki GP-604D Garmet Printer. We don't use it much. for 2 weeks I did a extensive cleaning on the heads. I was able to print out nozzles checks (some were deflecting and some of the heads where still clogged) on it until I ran out of ink. then bought new ink carts. put them in and nothing. Just thought the the heads got clogged again. will after about 2 to 3 weeks of cleaning nothing. then realized the discharge and washing carts were outdated but were not empty. ended up buying new ones of those. After all said and done. I have new inks and new discharge and washing carts in machine. when I goto check to see how much ink and washing and discharge is in machine. It shows there is 10% inks in all and they are new carts and as for the discharge and washing carts it just shows **** on the discharge and wash cart. I checked the dampners to see if they weren't dried up. to my amazement they weren't. so my question is why is it only showing 10% ink in printer and **** for the discharge and washing. Now I cant get nothing to print. what am I doing wrong or how can I fix problem.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2011 Feb 18, 2011 9:50:15 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: having trouble with mimaki GP-604D Garmet Printer

just wanted to ad that I have talked to our technician where we bought printer (FOR 3 weeks and the first week tech got back with me the other 2 weeks no call no email. put in another call and same thang for about a week) and I put a email into mimaki..Nobody knows what is wrong with machine. I was hoping somebody on here was having same or similar problems. Its funny that mimaki don't what the problem is. have been on this problems now for awhile. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Old March 9th, 2011 Mar 9, 2011 8:29:41 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hello Sir and welcome to the forums.

Sorry it took so long for me to see your posts.

Seems like you are having a problem with your chips on the cartridges. First, the wash and discharge cartridges, even though they have chips, they don't display ink remaining. Probably due to the fact that you have to do the flush procedure on them daily. So it is normal for the printer to display "***" for wash and discharge slots.

As far as the other inks running out quickly. Have you actually pulled the cartridge out to feel the weight? Is it actually near empty? Usually the chips are pretty accurate for ink consumption but sometimes we run across a bad chip.

What do you mean by "can't print"? Can you print a test draw still? How many ink fill ups and cleanings did you do?

Post back w/some more info and we will try to help you out.
Good luck,

Old March 9th, 2011 Mar 9, 2011 8:44:31 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantexInks

Seems like you are having a problem with your chips on the cartridges. First, the wash and discharge cartridges, even though they have chips, they don't display ink remaining. Probably due to the fact that you have to do the flush procedure on them daily. So it is normal for the printer to display "***" for wash and discharge slots.

As far as the other inks running out quickly. Have you actually pulled the cartridge out to feel the weight? Is it actually near empty? Usually the chips are pretty accurate for ink consumption but sometimes we run across a bad chip.

What do you mean by "can't print"? Can you print a test draw still? How many ink fill ups and cleanings did you do?

Good luck,

These are new cartridges I put in. So they should say 100% or at the very least 80% for all the cleaning I did to the machine. I think the printheads are clogged thats why its not firing. I took a syringe to the line coming out of the capping station that leads to the pump to see if I could suck ink thru the printhead. and no such luck. Is there a way even though they are clogged to get them unclogged without changing the printhead. It is costly and really don't use it enough to justify buying new printheads.

thanks in advance

Old March 9th, 2011 Mar 9, 2011 9:23:51 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

If the machine has set idle with ink in it for a length of time, then there could be some solidified ink in either the ink lines, dampers, pumps or heads.

If you replace a damper then use the fill up ink tool, the printer should refill the damper up to the metal bar inside the damper. If NO ink is inside the printer, you most likely have a clog.

You can install cleaning cartridges or cleaning fluid and manually purge each line then install new dampers. The heads can be taken out and soaked and cleaned up, although it is a bit more complicated and risky. Pumps are a bit hard to do as well since they are tough to access, but it basically involves sucking solution through one side and out the other. You only have 2 pumps so replacing them isn't too costly.

I will send you a PM with our contact details if you would like some phone support.

Old March 10th, 2011 Mar 10, 2011 7:55:50 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

FYI,
Your message box is full and is not accepting any new messages

Old March 10th, 2011 Mar 10, 2011 8:41:47 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
FYI,
Your message box is full and is not accepting any new messages

trying to fix problem..I only have 5 messages total in box and its saying its full..tried to contact administrator to find out why..Sorry will get this fix soon.

thanks

Old May 12th, 2011 May 12, 2011 8:46:23 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I got a question for anyone who knows about Mimaki's GP-604/ GP-604d dtg printers. We print a lot of apparel between our 3 machines and for the most part are pretty satisfied with the results of the printers, the problem I am currently experiencing is with the head gap and the laser sensor. I can print t-shirts all day long but as soon as I throw a sweatshirt on the platens the machines fail to produce satisfactory results, the machine constantly reads "work too high" and I have the head gap on the lowest setting. Is there a way to override the sensor or some other method I can employ to get the results I want out of the machine I have?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Old May 20th, 2011 May 20, 2011 8:34:11 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hello there,

It sounds like you need to raise the work gap from 1 to maybe something like 2.5. The machine is saying "work to high" because you have the gap set at 1 which is a very low tolerance. Setting it higher allows for thicker media.

I will send you a PM with our contact details if you would like direct phone assistance.

Good luck,

Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 2:29:42 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

buenos dia , soy nuevo en esto y quiero comprar una mimaki gp604 , me gustaria saber un poco mas sobre la maquina, si la tinta de liquido de descarga es la misma tinta blanca ? que tipo de tinta tengo que comprar y en donde las puedo comprar ?

saludos y gracias

Quote:

Good luck,

This is a discussion about having trouble with mimaki GP-604D Garmet Printer that was posted in the Mimaki section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in