TransferRIP - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Laser Heat Transfer Paper
Discuss the different heat transfer papers currently on the market for Color Laser Printers (CLC).

TransferRIP

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 34Ford

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 5:41:17 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question TransferRIP

Quick question to possibly the reps of Forever. I recently played around and got the gist of the TransferRIP demo, and i when i noticed the "UpdatePlan Until" section of the licensing popup it had me thinking to ask....If I purchase the $599 full version is it for life? Or is it for a specific time period in which you would have to pay another price to continue? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 7:10:47 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Christopher
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi there,

For the demo, there is a 14 days limit, as you are aware of.

For the bought version, you'll get updates you to 6 months for free in top.

After the 6 months, you have the option to buy a so called 'update plan ' for further 12 months.

However, you can use the RIP for life, you'd just stay in the outdated version from the date you initially bought it in case you don't get the extended update plan.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 5:59:51 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Dennis
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: TransferRIP

Really?

I may sell mine then. I didnt know this when I purchased it.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 11:18:06 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREVERCS
Hi there,

For the demo, there is a 14 days limit, as you are aware of.

For the bought version, you'll get updates you to 6 months for free in top.

After the 6 months, you have the option to buy a so called 'update plan ' for further 12 months.

However, you can use the RIP for life, you'd just stay in the outdated version from the date you initially bought it in case you don't get the extended update plan.
Thats very disappointing considering thats $100 a month. I'm not sure how far you can go without updating, if it involves key changes/additions or not. I only really need it for white control (I have a CMYW printer). I will weigh the pros and cons. Thank you for the honest answer.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 11:21:49 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
Really?

I may sell mine then. I didnt know this when I purchased it.
If you do decide to keep it, please post here or in a thread the update cost and if the updates are particularly necessary to just keep using it for its main purpose of rasterizing images.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 4:51:15 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brenda

Updates are over 200$, as they are $170 in Canada. I plan to use without updating.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 4:53:17 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I believe you misunderstood something:
- The TransferRIP works a lifetime
- It won't lose any functions after the update-plan is expired. You can control white and cuse the rasterization function all the time, without additional costs.

FOREVER constantly works on the software and adds new features.
In the past months, we added new funtions like the layout function, added new rasterization features, introduced the calculation function and so on.

In the future, we expect to have an improved GUI, significant speed improvements and a live-preview.

When you buy the RIP, you get all the new functions, that haven't been out on top - as long your update plan is valid.

After this Update-Plan is expired, your version will work endless at its current stage.

However, if you decide you need the new functions after your free complimentary update period, you can buy an update plan to get those updates for the next 12 months - for a significantly lower price than buying a new RIP.

Compare it with Office 2003 from Microsoft. When you have it on your computer, it will still be working at its current stage.
When you would like to work with the newer functions of Office 2008 / 2010 and upwards, you would have to buy a new version with them.
The only thing you need to update the TransferRIP after the complimentary updateplan is a much cheaper 12-update-plan. Your dealers will be happy to answer your qustion about the procedure and costs.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 5:00:23 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdesigns
Updates are over 200$, as they are $170 in Canada. I plan to use without updating.
How did you get to the conclusion, that 170 CAD = 200 USD?

When I look at the current exchange rate, you'd pay 125,9493 US-Dollar in case you'd buy it at a Canadian Dealer.
The updates don't need to be physically shippes, so you wouldn't have to expect any shipping costs etc on top.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 5:20:15 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

No conversion. I am Canadian, was just quoting my dealers price, and giving the Americans a ballpark as to what they can expect.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 5:31:02 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Sorry. My bad. Confusion in Conversion!
at any rate, my Canadian cost is 170ish.

Old June 4th, 2017 Jun 4, 2017 10:55:55 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thumbs up Re: TransferRIP

Thank you Chris and Brenda for the clarification on this. Yes, I did assume the main features would be "dumbed" down without an update. But your responses made me give a 2nd look at justifying its cost vs. usage. This was very helpful.

Old January 22nd, 2020 Jan 22, 2020 3:06:28 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Rouslan

Hi

when importing a file into transfer rip every file has a raster. I tried different types of files same issue. My update plan is not valid anymore but this could not be the issue i hope.. Can someone halp me please?

This is a discussion about TransferRIP that was posted in the Laser Heat Transfer Paper section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in