[Kornit General] Breeze - issue with ink dripping - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Breeze - issue with ink dripping

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ghoster32111

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 15th, 2019 Sep 15, 2019 10:03:52 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Gary & Anita
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Breeze - issue with ink dripping

We just replaced the NP board, the head finally works again. Did a purge and wipe, then a nozzle test - and white #2, cyan, and black are dripping out of the heads. Just went thru a bottle of each - any ideas on what we need to do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2019 Sep 16, 2019 1:44:59 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Default Re: Breeze - issue with ink dripping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutemanapparel
We just replaced the NP board, the head finally works again. Did a purge and wipe, then a nozzle test - and white #2, cyan, and black are dripping out of the heads. Just went thru a bottle of each - any ideas on what we need to do?
I haven't had a breeze in some time now because of issues like you are having but I remember having this same issue and what I ended up doing is cleaning the air manifold out there was a tiny bit of dried ink that was not allowing it close fully and basically making the heads drip in my case it was magenta and black. I would give that a look. And maybe look at the valves that control pressure close to the vac pump.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ghoster32111 For This Useful Post:
Minutemanapparel (September 16th, 2019)
Old November 27th, 2019 Nov 27, 2019 7:44:14 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Logan

I had similar issues with a Storm HD6. Problem was air in the lines; a Kornit tech walked my through the solution/process over the phone.

Old February 28th, 2020 Feb 28, 2020 4:31:49 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Brad

When mine did it, I had vacuum leaks around some secondary tanks. I tightened all the little bolts, and it cleared up. Check for loose threaded fittings too.

But check this: When you have the ink valves closed, what's the pressure drop on the main LED pressure gauge? On mine, it's like -1.3 or -1.4. This should be maintained when printing. If it falls off to -1.1 or worse when printing, there is a leak somewhere for sure and you will dump a lot of expensive ink.

Until you fix the issue, make sure you shut off the ink valves on the PC screen when not printing to at least slow the losses down somewhat.

This is a discussion about Breeze - issue with ink dripping that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in