[Kornit General] Purging kornit breeze - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Purging kornit breeze

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 9th, 2018 Oct 9, 2018 7:02:41 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Austin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Angry Purging kornit breeze

So, when i first started my kornit breeze 6 or so months ago all i would have to do is purge 1 second two times, then purge & wipe at .5 sec and i would be all set.

A couple problems and obstacles later (including a manifold flood), that is not nearly the case.

When i attempt to purge white from 1 - 1.7 seconds, nothing actually purges. Sometimes the software on the computer h=gives me a "failed to purge" notification. Theres no clicks like there usually is after a successful purge and no ink drops through the heads. After realizing this, i attempted to purge at a full 2 seconds. And it works most of the time, however i have to do it loads of times, i'm talking 5-10 times at 2 sec purges, sometimes way more. it can take up to an hour to get a nice nozzle test. Within this time i am turning the printer on and off multiple times, even unplugging the power cord completely.

i find myself desperate to get a decent nozzle test at times

Do i have to clean the vacuum? What could cause this to happen?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2018 Oct 10, 2018 2:05:15 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Purging kornit breeze

Hello, tha magic word is "manifold flood"

You should:

dismantle and clean the manifold, the air/vacuum valves, the main vacuum tank and of course all the tubes.

From what you describe I would focus on the manifold and the air/vacuum valves.

Old December 27th, 2018 Dec 27, 2018 11:06:53 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Purging kornit breeze

I agree with the previous comment. If you cannot hear “clicking noise” than plungers in the manifold are getting stuck. Have a look if you can actually see how LED on the manifold are turning on and off during purge in order to be sure that everything else is fine.
Disassemble the manifold and clean it.

Also after a year or so you will start to have ink sediments in the secondary ink tanks. This might cause issues with purge. It is quite easy to open them and clean with warm tap water.

This is a discussion about Purging kornit breeze that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in