[Kornit General] Kornit Storm Hexa - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Kornit Storm Hexa

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jayz76

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 16th, 2018 May 16, 2018 2:59:27 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Kornit Storm Hexa

After working with Kornit machines as a tech for over 8 years now I'm so happy to see the R&D paying off and addressing the previous issues with earlier systems, the new recirculating heads are awesome the other upgrades have just made what was already a solid platform way more user friendly and efficient.
I just made this video of our recent trip to New Zealand showing the Kornit Storm Hexa.
We had such a positive reaction from everyone who saw it, even the digital doubters had to concede it is an impressive machine.

We had an absolute ball in NZ, hope you like the vid, it's my personal youtube channel not the company's so if you do like it give it a thumbs up and subscribe, I plan to start doing a lot more in-depth tech stuff with Kornit and other machines.

Cheers Chris

https://youtu.be/ItxYCVHpsCo

Enjoy :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2018 Jun 5, 2018 6:32:26 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Default Re: Kornit Storm Hexa

Very Good film and prints ... plus nice to see home again.

Old September 19th, 2018 Sep 19, 2018 9:45:49 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi

we have the same machine, and have endless issues with the heads dying or a complete bank of nozzles not firing etc, not to mention vacuum issues, do you have any tech input for me perhaps.

Old December 27th, 2018 Dec 27, 2018 10:56:33 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayz76
Hi

we have the same machine, and have endless issues with the heads dying or a complete bank of nozzles not firing etc, not to mention vacuum issues, do you have any tech input for me perhaps.
I can give you some inputs but I need more information.
“heads dying”
When does it happen? In between prints, during print or during standby?
What is humidity level?

“complete bank of nozzles not firing”
Maybe there is an air bubble in the print head. How does the nozzle test look like? Have a look on the print heads from underneath. Do you see if they are too dry or there is a lot of ink?

“vacuum issues”
What are the issues? It is hard to guess…
First check the supplied compressed air. The compressor should be about 6 bar. The pressure regulator on the machine should be adjusted to 4 bar.
All the vacuum connections should be tight.

Old January 23rd, 2019 Jan 23, 2019 11:40:01 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi

Does this just happen off the WHT or both WHT & CMYK?

Old January 23rd, 2019 Jan 23, 2019 8:09:33 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

@Leonid @DTG.Dave hi gents, our humidity is within Kornit spec, daily maintenance is adhered to as prescribed by Kornit, this issue has happened on the white head, magenta,red,yellow and green heads.

what basically happens, upon doing a nozzle test some of the nozzles look like they are blocked and gets progressively worse until an entire half of the head does not fire at all, no matter how much cleaning or flushing rectifys the problem. to my mind this is either an electronic issue or faulty heads.

Old January 24th, 2019 Jan 24, 2019 10:59:12 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
@Leonid @DTG.Dave hi gents, our humidity is within Kornit spec, daily maintenance is adhered to as prescribed by Kornit, this issue has happened on the white head, magenta,red,yellow and green heads.

what basically happens, upon doing a nozzle test some of the nozzles look like they are blocked and gets progressively worse until an entire half of the head does not fire at all, no matter how much cleaning or flushing rectifys the problem. to my mind this is either an electronic issue or faulty heads.
These are the Polaris heads correct?
Maybe your dongle boards... no too many heads to be that.
The data tape along the head have either sides peeled or separated from the head?
I know Kornit made an update where you can purchase these rubber seals to prevent ink from building up along the print head gap since you are not really supposed to touch that area which is kind of unavoidable at times.

Have you tried the print head doctor?

I've had similar issues with an AVK we ended up having to replace the head(s) most of the time.

Old January 24th, 2019 Jan 24, 2019 9:06:31 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

yeah they are polaris heads and we had to replace them, got the rubber heads with the new heads and have installed them. you are 100% correct about the data tape apparently this issue causes shorting out between the head and the holding plate.
DTG.Dave likes this.

This is a discussion about Kornit Storm Hexa that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in