[Kornit General] Not spraying - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Not spraying

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 15th, 2018 Mar 15, 2018 8:45:20 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Allison
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Not spraying

I have recently taken over a Custom Print area of our business. We have an existing Kornit avalanche that I have inherited.
I have been using this machine for 3 weeks now. During this time we had a technician come out and replace the fixation pump and do all the preventative yearly maintenance. Everything was running "like new". Today the machine will not spray any fixative on a shirt. I can go in and manually test the pump through the ink maintenance module and it sprays just fine. However if I print a shirt no spray. or if I try the Spray All feature to the side of the print preview nothing happens. The pallet doesnt move and fixative doesnt spray.

Please help. This machine is my nightmare.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2018 Mar 16, 2018 11:15:24 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sébastien

Default Re: Not spraying

Hello,

Do you check when you activate the manual pump in the menu ink system, the nanometer that indicates the pressure of the pump if it goes up to 3-4 bar.
Where are you from?

Regards
Sebastien

Old March 16th, 2018 Mar 16, 2018 11:18:35 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Allison

Angry Re: Not spraying

I did, in fact, resolve this issue. I finally was able to reach my Kornit rep who informed me that since I had ink that was over the expiration date- Kornit restricts the machine so it will not print without you buying a new bottle of ink and installing it. This is supposed to prevent people from using pirated ink.
The technician gave me a temporary override so I can print another week and hopefully use all of my ink.

This is a discussion about Not spraying that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in