Metallic Foil printing on Kornit? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

Metallic Foil printing on Kornit?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 3rd, 2017 Aug 3, 2017 9:20:48 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Metallic Foil printing on Kornit?

Has anyone done foil transfers on Kornit? I have looked far and wide, I even called Kornit and I can't find the answers. Because of the wet pretreat and ink, it's different than any other dtg printer b/c it doesn't use a heat press.

My question is - is it possible? Do you cure the ink and then heat press? Any feedback is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2017 Aug 22, 2017 4:01:37 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: Metallic Foil printing on Kornit?

Hi,
Sorry for my english
You can't only cure Ink with heat press why? because it's Wet on Wet... the ink will cure but your print will be deformed and some part of the print will be transfer on the Paper or heatpress plate. you can only try to put your finger on a Wet cornet print and you will see..
You need to evaporate the water on the pretreatment before...
I tried to heat press Kornit print but after the drying process on conveyor. it's was nice, the in feeling became soft like a sticker.

Hope it will help you

Old November 30th, 2017 Nov 30, 2017 6:20:07 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Metallic Foil printing on Kornit?

I tried this once before, and I had to do the foil first, then print the digital around it. It was a little difficult to line up, but once I was able to get the placement right, it went pretty well. The wet on wet printing did not seem to cause any adverse effects to the foil, so it was able to cure and the combination worked out.

This is a discussion about Metallic Foil printing on Kornit? that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in