[Kornit General] How's your Kornit Experience Been? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] How's your Kornit Experience Been?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 30th, 2017 May 30, 2017 3:09:04 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jared
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down How's your Kornit Experience Been?

Hey everyone!

Hope you have all been printing and keeping busy!! I'm thinking about purchasing a Kornit Storm Hexa and was just wondering what your experience with the kornits has been like...

1. Where there any unexpected things that you ran into after you started using one?

2. How much time do you spend on maintenance?

3. How many years of use do you get out of them before you need to spend time/money to refurbish them back to new again?

4. Do you like the machine you have?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2017 Sep 6, 2017 8:46:19 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: John

Default Re: How's your Kornit Experience Been?

Hey Printbar..

Are you still using DecoNetwork. ? - we use it also.. Starting to look for something else, seems they are very slow in upgrades and fixes.. -

1. Where there any unexpected things that you ran into after you started using one?
Since we went from Anajet, which breaks down multiple times EVERYDAY - moving to Kornit is not even another ballpark. its another universe..- Works everyday. and keeps working.

2. How much time do you spend on maintenance?
10 min . morning. 10 min evening.

3. How many years of use do you get out of them before you need to spend time/money to refurbish them back to new again?
My guess is 6-7 years. and i think we'll get a new one.

4. Do you like the machine you have?
Yes we like it. - we print 5.000 pcs a month. and thats no problem for one operator.

about Kornit. - we bought a Storm II 3 years ago.

Join the Kornit Group on facebook, and ask around there also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2049...28230/?fref=ts

Old February 1st, 2018 Feb 1, 2018 12:49:57 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: How's your Kornit Experience Been?

I ran production on a Storm Hexa, in a facility for a little under a year. My boss upgraded from a Storm 2, to the Hexa, so I was able to get some experience on both systems. To answer your questions, here is what I think:
1. Unexpected issues:The software has some of the usual issues that the Storm II has. I found that upgrading the RAM to 8gb, from the 4gb the computer comes with, helps a lot. As for another unexpected thing that came up; is that the Storm Hexa must remain on, and with air, 24 hours a day. If it is turned off, the recirculation system does not work, and can cause ink floods.
2. Maintenance: I restart the computer once a day in the morning, before I start for the day. I like to wipe the print heads after the restart, at lunch, and before I go home each day. This is the general maintenance every day. As for other maintenance, I dust the machine once a week, I lightly grease the rails once a week, and keep absorbing pads where the spray usually goes over the pallets. Overall, it is not that bad to keep up with.
3. Lifespan: This is really based on how well you keep up on the maintenance. The person that ran the Storm II before me, didn't do any maintenance, and I had to spend about a month, getting it back into working order. I would think that if you do the yearly preventative maintenance kit, and have someone keep the system clean, you should be able to get quite a few years out of the Hexa, without issues.
4. Do I like the machine: Overall, I think it is a world better than the Storm II. The added red and green really help to hit the PMS colors that our screen department can get with plastisol. It's also much faster than the Storm II, since it has different print heads it uses. As for support, I have been working with Kornit support for a few years, so I have built a relationship with them, with the Storm II I worked on all the time. They have always helped me troubleshoot, and got me whatever I needed, if something broke.

I would say it is worth looking into before you purchase. I know these are not cheap, but they are definitely good systems to work on. Hope this helps.

This is a discussion about How's your Kornit Experience Been? that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in