[Kornit General] cure time and temp - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] cure time and temp

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 4th, 2016 Apr 4, 2016 6:52:04 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default cure time and temp

I have a 921 Breeze and a drawer dryer. I'm having a hard time dialing in on a good cure time and temp. My print with white is either a little tacky but smoother or not tacky but a rough, cracked look.

I've been told everywhere from 6 minutes to 16 minutes and 135 cel to 160 cel. Anyone find that sweet spot yet? The best print I've seen was at 13 minutes but no idea what temp it was in a drawer dryer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2016 Apr 8, 2016 12:05:17 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Default Re: cure time and temp

Try 165C for 6-8 mins for a print with white ink double pass. (less time if you only do one pass of white) if just using cmyk all you need is about 2 mins. This is all for cotton shirts mind you when you add in blends of other fabrics the temp will go down and the time up. But 165C is the sweet spot for cotton.

Old April 11th, 2016 Apr 11, 2016 11:14:18 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: cure time and temp

It kind of depends on how much ink you're laying down with the printer. If you have too much ink it can also lead to looking sloppy. Assuming 100% cotton, for double white pass + color printing on dark shirts I like about 8 minutes at 295 F. If printing on light shirts with CMYK 4 minutes at 295 F is plenty.

If you haven't been to the free Kornit training on site at their Wisconsin facility I would highly recommend it if just getting started. You can do lots of experimentation and they can quickly show you the ropes.

This is a discussion about cure time and temp that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in