[Kornit General] Kornit Machine Issues - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Kornit Machine Issues

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 5:15:26 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Kornit Machine Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroughton
Can the degasser cause the issue with losing the ink from your secondary tank and lines?
Sure can. I once had what Kornit said was a degasser failure of epicness lol. My yellow degasser failed and managed to get yellow ink through the manifold, to every other color and almost to the pump. It was a pain to say the least. I replaced all my degassers and flushed/ scrubbed all my lines, tanks and air manifold. But what I'm describing is a worse case scenario. Some times the membrane in the degassers can get partially clogged or break down and let small amounts of air in and give you a loss of pressure. I should of asked you this before but when you start up is the short hose from the degasser to the head is that what is loosing ink or is it farther up the line to the 2ndary tank.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 5:51:53 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Trish

It actually clears out the 2ndary tank also. I left the machine on all night and the line is fine but as soon as I shut down the machine over night it loses all the ink. I did clean the manifold yesterday but I was afraid to shut it down because I have a job to get out and I am the only one in here today.

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 10:00:13 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
It actually clears out the 2ndary tank also. I left the machine on all night and the line is fine but as soon as I shut down the machine over night it loses all the ink. I did clean the manifold yesterday but I was afraid to shut it down because I have a job to get out and I am the only one in here today.
Yea don't screw your self keep it on until your done. How did the manifold look was there any build up or anything in there?

Old December 29th, 2015 Dec 29, 2015 10:05:49 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

It was clean, I used denatured alcohol to clean it anyway. I am going to leave it on again tonight until I get the job complete.

I will let you know what happens when ever I shut it down.

Thank You for all your help and Happy New Year...

Old January 2nd, 2016 Jan 2, 2016 7:34:57 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I finally shut the machine down for the holiday and it did lose all the ink in the secondary tank and line.

So I can rule out a bad secondary tank, I cleaned the manifold, I have changed the plastic bolt and washer.

If it is a bad degasser wouldn't it get ink in the air lines?

There is no ink in the air lines.

Let me know your thoughts Please and Happy New Year!!!

Old January 5th, 2016 Jan 5, 2016 7:04:21 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I just thought I would let you know what the problem was as to why I was losing all the ink out of the secondary tank and lines. I was going to order new degassers but thought I would try one other thing before spending that kind of money.

I ended up putting a new air line from the manifold to the secondary tank and it seems to have fixed the issue. Must of had a slight leak. I am going to change all the lines as soon as I get caught up on my jobs.

Again Thanks For giving me suggestions on how to fix it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old January 7th, 2016 Jan 7, 2016 6:19:11 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
I just thought I would let you know what the problem was as to why I was losing all the ink out of the secondary tank and lines. I was going to order new degassers but thought I would try one other thing before spending that kind of money.

I ended up putting a new air line from the manifold to the secondary tank and it seems to have fixed the issue. Must of had a slight leak. I am going to change all the lines as soon as I get caught up on my jobs.

Again Thanks For giving me suggestions on how to fix it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
When it comes to loosing pressure in this machine there is like a billion ways for it to happen but I'm glad yours is simple I was actually going to suggest that next if it wasn't the degassers. I have seen the degassers fail before anything else.

This is a discussion about Kornit Machine Issues that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in