[Kornit 932NDS] Magenta & Black print heads half out - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit 932NDS] Magenta & Black print heads half out

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 29th, 2015 Apr 29, 2015 12:25:07 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Magenta & Black print heads half out

So the magenta & black print heads are showing half operational when we do a nozzle test. Took out the 2 print heads in question and cleaned them very well, put them back in and ran another nozzle test with the same results- the left half of the print heads nozzles are all out.

I don't know what would cause the exact same nozzles in 2 heads that are side by side to go out like that. HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2015 Apr 30, 2015 4:34:58 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Default Re: Magenta & Black print heads half out

I'm not sure what machine you are using but look at the hose on the print heads The middle one should be an air hose so it should be clear if you see some ink in it clean it out then clean the air manifold. If you are sure your heads are free and clear I would look next to the air manifold only because on the air manifold the magenta and black are right by one another if one (or Both) are not working properly it won't drop down the right amount of ink and not fire. Or Option two your heads are clogged and you need to just clean them better. I made something to restore print heads that I call the Acme head restorer 9000. It's made from scrap tubing and using a syringe and a whole lot of flushing fluid (if you want to see what it looks like check out my thread of Macguyvering a breeze. I have attached a picture of it there.)

Old July 5th, 2018 Jul 5, 2018 1:16:04 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi we had the same issue and our service provider replaced them.

Old 4 Days Ago May 20, 2019 12:00:01 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: nate

did you check to see if it is a data issue by switching the cable with another head? It could also have been caused by a hard head strike if they are both clogged in same spot.

Old 4 Days Ago May 20, 2019 8:38:05 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi, the printheads are an assembly of 2 piezo module (128 nozzle each). 50% nozzle missing seems an electrical problem to me, more than an ink or pressure rlated one.
Could be a power surge, that fired the modules, or a connection problem. Check your cables, test the printheads by switching the cables with a working one.

This is a discussion about Magenta & Black print heads half out that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in