T-Shirt Forums banner

Kornit Direct to Garment on Sweatshirts

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  rndubow 
#1 ·
If anyone has produced hooded sweatshirt using the Kornit, Direct to Garment process can you please let me know what the quality level of the product is.

Thanks,

Gary

#3 ·
Its funny that you should ask that, because I just had this sample sitting on my desk right beside me. It was printed while I was in New Jersey with Bob McCormack. We printed this particular sweatshirt on his 932NDS a few months ago, and I have worn and washed it countless times since then.

We have also printed on plenty of other colors as well, and even across the front of a pocket or zipped hoodie.

#4 ·
What about the front of the sweatshirt? When the pocket sits on the pallet. Does the pocket get in the way of the print head? WE print mostly dark colored hooded sweats, cad-cut vinyl. Were looking to replace that process with DTG. (athletic prints)

#5 ·
What about the front of the sweatshirt? When the pocket sits on the pallet. Does the pocket get in the way of the print head? WE print mostly dark colored hooded sweats, cad-cut vinyl. Were looking to replace that process with DTG. (athletic prints)
THe best results are on 90/10 fabric. Many of the hoods will actually print better than t-shirts because of the density of the weave. printing hooded sweat on a kornit is no problem. We print zips right across the zipper on pockets.

#17 ·
We have found the easiest and least expensive way to create custom options like this is to buy a sheet of 3/16 plexiglass. For the zipper, we cut two sections of plexiglass the length of the pallet, and half the width of the pallet, minus about 1". We use double sided tape to secure the 2 pieces of plexiglass to the pallet, leaving the 1" gap in the middle for the zipper to recess into. The only area that is on top of the plexiglass is the material from the sweatshirt. If we need to print the pocket only on a garment, we have a piece of plexiglass the size of the pocket, position the plexiglass on the pallet with 2 sided tape, place the garment on the pallet with the pocket on top of the plexiglass, and print. You have to be very cautious to make sure you raise the print heads to the proper height to avoid a head strike when doing this, but it works well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.