[Kornit General] Breeze Automation - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Breeze Automation

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2015 Jan 12, 2015 3:01:31 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Nick
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Breeze Automation

We have been using our two breezes for about 7 months now, we are fairly happy when they are running but as we are printing a lot of in house designs there is a lot of loading of designs, at the moment staff are searching through the files with Windows and dragging it into the RIP, the main issue with this is where we have similar designs there are mistakes being made.

I have seen videos of other Kornit users setup with full barcode order management, scan the sticker on the shirt and it loads the design etc. Is something like this available off the shelf or is it all got to be custom coded?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 3:02:48 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Breeze Automation

i would like to know that too....

as much as i hate quickp as a tool - i highly doubt it has any sort of open interface to program against?!?

the only thing you could do is attach a quickp file and launch the program once the barcode is scanned. so it is a 1:1 match between barcode and quickp file which should not be too hard to do.

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 3:09:43 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitos

as much as i hate quickp as a tool - i highly doubt it has any sort of open interface to program against?!?

the only thing you could do is attach a quickp file and launch the program once the barcode is scanned. so it is a 1:1 match between barcode and quickp file which should not be too hard to do.
Thats what we were thinking but I know with the hotfolders that you can set other settings like the size and width, we sell designs on a range of garments so would like something that can look at the garment size and adjust the settings on the fly. Our rep in the UK is in Germany at the moment but has said he will come back with some info on his return. I watched a video of some guys with an Avalanche with barcoding from start to finish, it looked slick.

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 3:34:37 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

ok, let me know what the rep says... in the meantime i can speak to the german reps here...

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 5:19:35 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

What we do for a filing system and it's very quick. Is we just use Dropbox. Our artists save everything as tiff files save them to the dropbox so when ever I get an order and see it's design X on say a 5xl shirt I just hit new file on QuickP go to the drop box retrieve design X that I saved for a larger size to use on a 5XL. Once you go through the initial set up you can just make copies of the same file in Dropbox rename them something like X-5XL so you know it's that design in a larger size. I have some many files that are one design but have 6 or 7 different copies for colors youth sizes, ladies and so on. Granted scanning a barcode would be easier but this is cheap and easy. Not to mention where ever our artists are they can make changes to art on the fly and save it. (assuming your not making the art yourself). Just something to think on

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 5:25:09 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

great idea but not really doable for us.

we get 3-400 bulk-orders each day - mostly all are one-offs (sometimes 2-3x the same design). all products have its own barcode we print and put on the plastic wraps.

in terms of a smooth operation it would make sense to do the following:
a) receive the order
b) print the barcodes
c) scan the barcodes on the breeze and have the file automatically loaded in quickp
d) load garment
e) hit print

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 5:59:45 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
great idea but not really doable for us.

we get 3-400 bulk-orders each day - mostly all are one-offs (sometimes 2-3x the same design). all products have its own barcode we print and put on the plastic wraps.

in terms of a smooth operation it would make sense to do the following:
a) receive the order
b) print the barcodes
c) scan the barcodes on the breeze and have the file automatically loaded in quickp
d) load garment
e) hit print

I have the same work load I get a 100 to 500 shirts a day. Nearly all are one runs as well what we do is
1. receive order
2 order gets put on a google doc that is updated in real time
3 set up file or select already set up file from dropbox
4 get shirts and print
5 goes to shipping as the already know the order number of the shirt
6 order goes out same day.

Old January 22nd, 2015 Jan 22, 2015 2:13:52 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

We do between 100-200 a day during the year and up to 1000 a day at Xmas, our issue is that we have over 5000 designs so it's quite a lot of training just getting the staff to get to know which design is which.

Old January 22nd, 2015 Jan 22, 2015 6:00:01 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

No I get it we have over 100,000 designs and this past X-mas we were getting 1000 to 1500 shirt orders a day nearly all one of'sI know what goes on what 95% of the time but sometimes there is that obscure print that I have to look at that particular webstore to remember what is what. A barcode would make life much easier to scan what the order is and then having someone try to figure out what need to goes where it would limit mistakes of wrong designs on the wrong shirt. I'm just saying it is possible with some organization it can be done with minimal cost.

Old January 23rd, 2015 Jan 23, 2015 8:29:58 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We use a numbering system where each design has a unique number. The pick list we generate has the number so it goes fairly smoothly. But I have seen the videos of the barcode system and it looks amazing....if I find out more will share it here thanks

For bigger sizes we just adjust the size up, we open 2 versions of the file and then close the original file last so that the ksf is still the original version

Old January 29th, 2015 Jan 29, 2015 12:59:18 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Justin

We save all of our files to our local server in coded folders which makes it very quick to find artwork.

A barcode system would be even easier to use if setup correctly.

Luckily I don't run that many 1 off's most of my runs are 50 - 100 prints front and back.

If I had to print 500 different designs in a day I would have have someone else prepare my shirts and stack them in order and then send the artwork directly to the print queue using Quick P designer so my Storm has a continuous workflow.

Does the Breeze have Quick P Production as well as Quick P Designer?

Old January 30th, 2015 Jan 30, 2015 5:27:51 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_86
We save all of our files to our local server in coded folders which makes it very quick to find artwork.

A barcode system would be even easier to use if setup correctly.

Luckily I don't run that many 1 off's most of my runs are 50 - 100 prints front and back.

If I had to print 500 different designs in a day I would have have someone else prepare my shirts and stack them in order and then send the artwork directly to the print queue using Quick P designer so my Storm has a continuous workflow.

Does the Breeze have Quick P Production as well as Quick P Designer?
I only have Quick P Designer on the breeze but I pretty much have everything set up like you do except I have a ton of one of's. All I do is go through what shirts that are here match up the file to the shirt and make a print queue and a corresponding shirt queue it take me maybe 15 mins to set up 500 shirts and I do that while my dryer is heating up (4 drawer Adelco is no where near as fast in heating up as a gas belt dryer one of the down falls.) A barcode system would be nice but it's like heated seats in a car sure there nice but it's not necessary. either way I'm still waiting for the dryer to heat up. And if something gets tossed my way I can add it to the queue while something else is printing. I think if you code your files so there is no guess work like "pink fox_ladies_black" there is no way for you to confuse what that goes on. I can see people getting confused if the file name is something like "foxmark3" where it makes not a lot of sense especially if there are many "Fox Files" I can see a barcode system definitely speeding things up if your not organized. like in the time it took me to write this I have set up 109 files. ( January is so slow).

Old November 15th, 2015 Nov 15, 2015 9:17:19 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchimp
We have been using our two breezes for about 7 months now, we are fairly happy when they are running but as we are printing a lot of in house designs there is a lot of loading of designs, at the moment staff are searching through the files with Windows and dragging it into the RIP, the main issue with this is where we have similar designs there are mistakes being made.

I have seen videos of other Kornit users setup with full barcode order management, scan the sticker on the shirt and it loads the design etc. Is something like this available off the shelf or is it all got to be custom coded?
I wondered the same thing. I guess it's not from Kornit. Have you located developer?

Old November 15th, 2015 Nov 15, 2015 9:36:23 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchimp

I wondered the same thing. I guess it's not from Kornit. Have you located developer?

Old February 28th, 2016 Feb 28, 2016 2:35:52 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:

Did any of you get further with automating workflow?

This is a discussion about Breeze Automation that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in