[Kornit General] Suggested shirt inventory - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Suggested shirt inventory

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 5:22:09 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Sam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Suggested shirt inventory

We are a small printing shop working with DTG printing for about 2 years. Shirt printing has picked up with time. We initially didn't want to have a big inventory due to costs, space take-up, and the risk of the shirts not getting used. But we've noticed that it is becoming more expensive to order t-shirts on an as-needed basis (shipping costs) If the order doesn't meet the minimum amount for free shipping, we are spending more are shipping than the shirts sometimes.
One way to resolve this issue is to make about two shirt orders per month, and telling customers that we have to stall their order to wait for other jobs to come in. Another way is to keep inventory on hand. Our wholesale shirt distributor suggests: Small-10%, Medium-25%, Large- 30%, XL-25%, 2XL+-10%
So for example, to place the best order if you need 100 shirts,
you’d select 10 Smalls, 25 Mediums, 30 Larges, 25 XLs, and 10 2XLs.

What is your method on keeping shirt inventory? What are the most common colors? Quantity of each? What do you do when you feel the shirts aren't getting used?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 9:24:41 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Travis

Default Re: Suggested shirt inventory

We always keep white and black shirts in Small-2XL in stock as well as the same in tank tops. We maintain at least a dozen in each size with more for Medium/Large as you noted. This allows us to handle most smaller orders and have plenty of pieces for walk-ups/single orders, etc. We find that for most of our larger orders the clients have specified the shirts they wanted or supplied them themselves. The key is to have a good shirt company that you can receive orders from in 1-2 days. We work with Spectra and they've been great in terms of allowing us no minimums/custom orders and fast turnaround. Check them out and tell them Travis sent you.
Spectra USA | Apparel Manufacturing Company

The Following User Says Thank You to Le fever For This Useful Post:
Samster777 (August 6th, 2014)
Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 10:04:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

We keep a few boxes of each size in white, grey and Navy 70% of this is shirts we have on websites and sell in our store go on these three colors. We also order a few of these basics to make orders have free shipping. If you just ordered "Stock shirts" to make your orders free you wouldn't have to tell people to wait and in enough time you can build everything up and may not need to order anything for a client because you have it and it's now a faster turn around

The Following User Says Thank You to Ghoster32111 For This Useful Post:
Samster777 (August 7th, 2014)

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 2:56:52 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I also do dtg. It used to be great for me because I had a wholesaler in town that wasn't very far from me. I would order what I needed, even if it was just one shirt, and picked up same day and have the shirt ready for the customer by the same or next day. It was very convenient and didnt have to have inventory. Now the wholesaler closed down and I have to order shirts so what I keep in hand is black and white shirts from small - 2xl in both men's and women's. I sell more black shirts then anything. If a customer wants another color I then order and get it in 2 days. Shipping is anywhere from $3 to free depending on how many I order so not to bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazographics For This Useful Post:
Samster777 (August 7th, 2014)

This is a discussion about Suggested shirt inventory that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in