kornit933 digital and screenprint together - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

kornit933 digital and screenprint together

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 12:05:23 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: ed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default kornit933 digital and screenprint together

kornit 933 shown at beijing tradeshow last week!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 12:07:10 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: kornit933 digital and screenprint together

MHM carousel with kornit CMYK.

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 12:10:42 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

and the result is this : white underbsae, cmyk and gold ink ( special effects !)

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 5:07:38 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Ed,

Can you talk about how fast the total process was? Just wondering if the Kornit machine is going to really slow down the automatic press. Would be interesting to know what exactly was done on the shirt by the automatic press and what was done by the Kornit. Thanks.

Mark

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 5:00:13 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jeremy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah thats great but how many hundreds of thousands will this machine cost?

just a kornit DGT is $100k this will be at least $150k

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 6:08:36 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin

The 932D Costs $75,000 for the raw machine itself.

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 7:17:51 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
The 932D Costs $75,000 for the raw machine itself.
How much is it delivered, with the software?

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 8:08:04 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by printerguy
How much is it delivered, with the software?
That all depends. I got mine at a show, so I did not have to pay shipping on it. I paid a couple grand for the RIP software, but the new Kornit App software that is being released in a few weeks can print files without the need for an independent RIP program - All print options are set when you load the file into the queue (much like most printers using the I-Proof RIP).

I recommend to anyone looking into getting one of these machine - talk to your local rep and get yourself a deal. Most of the time they will work with you. Try and pick one up after a show to save a lot of money. Finally - wait a few weeks... If this past week is any indication, some of the new things they have been working on are making my life considerably better!

Old October 1st, 2007 Oct 1, 2007 11:53:22 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

mark,

i was told this thing can do 200 shirts an hour A4 size !
auto press laying down the white underbase as well as any special effect inks. the kornit laying down the cmyk! yes they are expensive!
kornit 933 prices at US$94000 and the MHM 12 heads auto press prices at Euro70,000 !

ed

Old October 2nd, 2007 Oct 2, 2007 12:25:43 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: dominic

Hi Everybody,
This is my first post in this forum, but actually I've browsing for nearly half a year.
Yesterday, I've just came back from Beijing, I've joint the ASGA Exhibition also I've seen the Kornit 933 in action.
Basically, the autopress is use to discharge the dark garment and print CMYK on the 933 unit, the other platens on the auto press give you more choice to print spot color. It seems that it's more industrial and professional.
The sample after discharge and print really give a soft hand feeling, and it doesn't need the white ink.also the curing time is much more faster, it only takes two minitues. For dark fabric, may be the speed is faster than the 931DS.
I'm going to purchase the 931DS, can anybody can give me some figure on the curing process. Such as the electricity and gas consumption, I don't believe the figure that the distributor given to me. I'm appreciated if those the members can give me some valueable information.

Old October 2nd, 2007 Oct 2, 2007 12:47:38 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

So you are saying that the 933 uses DISCHARGE ink? Can anyone else verify this? I am leery of discharge printing in general, and it only has limited use on most garments.

200 shirts per hour? Ed, where did you read this? Or did Kornit put out this information? Because as we know, the 932D can only print about 12-15 darks per hour, and only about 30-35 lights per hour (12 x 10 print size). I know the 931D is faster because there are 256 nozzles per head as oppose to 128, but that at MOST is going to double production figures. I have a hard time believing they can now rip through 200 shirts per hour...... They are using the very same Spectra heads, after all. EVEN if you only count PRINT TIME for the CMYK, and no load / unload time or other such figures, you might be able to get 60-80 prints per hour (CMYK only) with its current configuration. But as always, I'd love to see the thing in action and I'd love to be proven wrong.

Do you happen to know which ink formulation they are using? Because even with the newest formulation of white ink, I would be curious to see how well it adheres to plastisol inks, considering it was formulated to adhere to waterbased inks..... I suppose some testing is in order. Anybody know if this lovely beast will be as the Orlando show this month?

Old October 2nd, 2007 Oct 2, 2007 12:53:31 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I just thought of one major drawback to this configuration, as well.... One of the key strengths of DTG printing is the ability to create one-offs and short runs. With this setup, you are still required to make underbase screens, and any special effect screens, which essentially puts you into the same boat as anybody screenprinting full color jobs. Sure, you are only making one screen as opposed to 5 or more, but how many of us actually make even ONE screen to print a single t-shirt for a client?

I know most of my business comes from these online shirt designer people who are selling onesies and twosies... I would not be able to compete if I owned a 933. Too much setup and such. There IS a benefit to be able to do medium full color runs, and anything with special effects inks, but if you are that deep into it you might as well opt to make the rest of the screens and run the thing on an automatic - heck, most of the work is in the setup, anyways, and you would boost production through the roof (with or without specialty inks).

Old October 2nd, 2007 Oct 2, 2007 1:54:03 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

jus,

figure was given by one of the sale rep there on the floor ! as always this kinda figure needs to be taken with a ton of salt !

ed

Old October 2nd, 2007 Oct 2, 2007 2:16:04 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie
as always this kinda figure needs to be taken with a ton of salt !
Agreed! lol

Old October 2nd, 2007 Oct 2, 2007 4:07:24 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tom

for sure...

we were told quite a few settings and we never did see those numbers come true. I am talking about the speed of printing, quantity of prints as well as a few others. But that was only our experience I am sure it has not been the same for others.

I like the idea of the specialty inks being able to be used but I would never go down this path for the same reasons justin listed above. The price is high and the machine is now being put into a pretty rough environment with the screen printing. There are many things you have to watch out for in your environment on the current models so I can't imagine how many more possible issues there will be using this thing right next to your auto.

never know though, they may have created the holy grail... right....

tom

This is a discussion about kornit933 digital and screenprint together that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in