[Kornit General] MaGuyvering a Kornit Breeze. - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] MaGuyvering a Kornit Breeze.

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 20th, 2015 Jan 20, 2015 3:50:38 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MaGuyvering a Kornit Breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_86
There was one catch to this job.

Printing went perfect but some of the shirts I did got stains from the Navy sleeves sitting ontop of the Orange in the dyer and some of the dye must have merged.

The last time the Gildan rep was here he gave me a few samples to try and I was surprised the Gildan 100% polyester performance range actually printed really well even on black.
I have had great luck with the G800 line from gildan they are 100% poly but kind of behave and feel like cotton. We are starting to use a lot of that these days

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2015 Jan 20, 2015 12:47:23 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Nick
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So far we havn't had much luck with Polyester but then thinking about it we havn't done too much testing as we are running most of the time with our own shirt range. Do you do anything with the dryer or just run it though at the same setting?

Old January 20th, 2015 Jan 20, 2015 1:37:52 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Justin

Do you have to use as much spray as the 2000 range?

Thats my pet hate with Gildan you need so much more spray and white ink to get a decent print.

@Titchimp It depends on the product and the result your trying to achieve.

Black is pretty painful I would recommend turning down your dryer temp and running for longer.

The Orange Hi Vis had no problem being dried at normal temps / times.

But I did find if I ran the dryer at 135 degrees C the Dye migration was nearly completely gone.

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 5:01:19 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_86
Do you have to use as much spray as the 2000 range?

Thats my pet hate with Gildan you need so much more spray and white ink to get a decent print.

@Titchimp It depends on the product and the result your trying to achieve.

Black is pretty painful I would recommend turning down your dryer temp and running for longer.

The Orange Hi Vis had no problem being dried at normal temps / times.

But I did find if I ran the dryer at 135 degrees C the Dye migration was nearly completely gone.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that you need a lot more spray for gildan. We use a lot of gildan in our lines I only use 5% more spray for the 8000 series the say the 2000 or 5000 because the 8000 is polyester I do dry it at a lower temp which is 245F or 118C and I dry it a min or two longer depends on how much white I am using in the design and the color of the shirt. But at that low I get zero dye migration.

Old January 21st, 2015 Jan 21, 2015 5:10:30 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchimp
So far we havn't had much luck with Polyester but then thinking about it we havn't done too much testing as we are running most of the time with our own shirt range. Do you do anything with the dryer or just run it though at the same setting?
The key to using polyester is definitely drying temps. With some exceptions mind you. For any blend 50% polyester to 70% polyester I dry the garment at 245F if 100% polyester or if there is a lot of nylon or anything else weird in the blend I dry it 200F. This how ever takes a very long time I will dry it 200 for about 20 mins once the ink is still kinda sticky at this point which is ok. I turn up the dryer to 210F for another 10-20 mins. This is just enough heat to cure the ink the rest of the way but it because it is already slightly dried there is no dye migration getting into the ink and changing the colors. It works but it is a pain if you have to do a lot of them. We try to avoid taking orders for the Kornit with odd blends like that but we have sales people that just don't get it no matter how many times I tell them it won't work well or it's not a big enough time frame to get these all done in if they really want them. I try to avoid anything over 50% poly but some times I can't

The Following User Says Thank You to Ghoster32111 For This Useful Post:
Titchimp (January 27th, 2015)
Old February 2nd, 2016 Feb 2, 2016 2:23:23 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Nick
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I know people were talking on this thread about parts, we needed 6 new wiper blades for under the heads, i think were charged about $20 per wiper from kornit. Just had them in and they look like one long blade cut into lengths. One has the brand and type: Unitex ULON HP Squeegee 0815 Batch 50999/1

Though this might help save some people a little bit of cash.

This is a discussion about MaGuyvering a Kornit Breeze. that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in