[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 4:41:04 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Breeze User Experience

It does sound like the Spray regulator I have gone though 5 regulators since they upgraded to the new pump which is now standard on all newer breeze machines. Basically that new pump is to strong for the regulator and tends to breakdown the washer in the regulator. Also I have taken apart the regulator a few times and found it just needs to be cleaned sometimes. It seems to that the fixation binds to any dust and what nots and seems to become this disgusting jelly like sludge in the regulator some times. I have posted pictures in another thread. Sometimes that just needs to be cleaned out. But other times they just die And need to be replaced. I have had to have mine replaced more or less every 3 or 4 months. I hear that Kornit is working on this. Hopefully they will come out with a beefed up version soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 5:47:45 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

they send us a new spray regulator and ghoster is right saying that there is a problem with this. kornit even admitted that this is a common problem. in our case i guess the knob where you level the pressure simply died and was faulty.

ghoster: are you paying with replacement spray regulators if you are out of warranty? i certainly would not agree to do so.

so anyway, our machine is back in business and it took 10 mins to replace the faulty spray pump.

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 6:20:20 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitos
they send us a new spray regulator and ghoster is right saying that there is a problem with this. kornit even admitted that this is a common problem. in our case i guess the knob where you level the pressure simply died and was faulty.

ghoster: are you paying with replacement spray regulators if you are out of warranty? i certainly would not agree to do so.

so anyway, our machine is back in business and it took 10 mins to replace the faulty spray pump.
I paid once before they realized this was a major issue it was shortly after they sent out upgrade kits to everyone with the new pumps. But I haven't paid since then. They rarely seem to make the 90 day part warranty that kornit offers on all parts any how. I did just however buy 6 new wiper blades and a new pallet frame. The fixation kinda ate through it was making it rust pretty bad to where I was getting rust marks on light shirts (I think there on darker shirts too but you can't see them lol) My wiper blades are just worn. So some good advice wipe down the pallet frame at the end of the day.

Old December 4th, 2013 Dec 4, 2013 4:14:29 PM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brodie

I'm currently beta testing 2 different versions of regulators for the breeze. The one version is a regulator from the avalanche printer. The other is a more robust regulator specifically for the breeze that kornit R&D came up with. So far both are holding up well.

Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 8:33:53 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Nice. I wonder if I can get on that beta because this morning the newest regulator started to go. I think it's made it a month if that.

Old December 8th, 2013 Dec 8, 2013 9:37:01 AM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brodie

Here's a new one:
This morning I had a Breeze throwing a "wrong feedback signal" error and the head carriage would stop abruptly. Normally I would suspect the linear encoder scale or reader but both checked out fine. With the power off I noticed a lot of resistance from the ink head carriage when i moved it back and forth. So I took off the x-axis motor and took it apart. Sure enough the bearings were seized up with black soot. The two couplers had also walked themselves apart. After cleaned the bearings with a toothbrush, a little lube and tightening up the couplers it's running like new. This happened after 58,010 prints. Thought I'd share this with the community.

Old December 9th, 2013 Dec 9, 2013 4:38:33 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Wow that sucks! Glad you were able to fix it. More or less easily. I'm more then half way there in number of prints on my breeze so I'll keep an eye on that. Well on my end I had to get another spray pump regulator this one nearly lasted a whopping 4 weeks.

Old January 8th, 2014 Jan 8, 2014 5:13:13 AM -   #68 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoster32111
Wow that sucks! Glad you were able to fix it. More or less easily. I'm more then half way there in number of prints on my breeze so I'll keep an eye on that. Well on my end I had to get another spray pump regulator this one nearly lasted a whopping 4 weeks.
Guys, thanks so much for helping with all your posts. We are looking at the breeze for our business. We are currently an embroidery company looking to expand to screen/DTG. The cost of the breeze is somewhat difficult to justify. Question of the ages, is it all worth it. It seem like to be successful wit DTG you sort of have to be an expert. Constantly facing problems and fixing them. I realize that screen printing is messy, and requires a lot of set up, but would you guys make that investment again or simply buy a screen printing company and grab their customer and their equipment and employees ?

Old January 8th, 2014 Jan 8, 2014 9:47:18 AM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I work in a shop that does screen printing, digital printing, heat pressing and embroidery. Now with that being said each one has it's pros and cons. I will take the all the complicated orders that are way to fine or to many colors for screen printing or the orders that only want only a few pieces. We also have a store front which allows people to walk in and place custom orders. The breeze works great for this. It has it's hiccups but there isn't a machine out there that doesn't. When I first started, I wasn't properly trained or had any knowledge before hand. I didn't even know these machines even existed until 2 years ago! If you get trained properly the learning curve is a lot less. In all honesty I learned the most going through these old posts on here and my prints improved greatly. It all depends on what you want to do with the screen printing/DTG side of your business. Screen printing is a lot faster but the colors you can do is limited to the size of your press. We have a 8 color press and it's huge. The breeze is half the size and almost unlimited in the colors (Note I said almost everyone). But the breeze also has it's quirks and doesn't always print very well on every single type and blend of fabrics. like 100% polyester is just plain evil on this machine I can do it but it will take me 40 to 60 mins to print/dry a shirt. Where a silk screen press can do it in mere mins. But over all I would recommend this machine I know the cost is hard to swallow but we made our money back on the machine in a year.

Old January 8th, 2014 Jan 8, 2014 9:56:15 AM -   #70 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks Sooo much for your time. Can I ask what % of you t shirts are dark in nature. I have been told 70%, making a digital garment printer that prints dark essential. We too have a store front and we get requests for 12 - 48 shirts all the time. Most contract guys have no time for that. Do you need high res art to make it work and if so, what software do you think is the best....photo shop or correl draw ?

thanks again for your time

Old January 8th, 2014 Jan 8, 2014 10:45:21 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I'll say about 90% of the shirts I do are dark. Every custom order seems like they want black or navy shirts from us lol. Hi res art helps a lot you can use low res stuff but it sucks I did one in between these posts and it looks like the art I was given but it's just a crummy picture (which is what the client wanted). We use photoshop but we also have an art department and they use illustrator so it just made sense to use photoshop. I never used Correl for the Kornit so I can't say what's better. Photoshop is really simple though and we have few issues.

Old January 9th, 2014 Jan 9, 2014 5:31:40 AM -   #72 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks again for your time. Would you say most of your orders are 48 shirts or less ? And if you have the Kornit, why do you still use the traditional screen print method. Sorry to be such a bother, but the investment is huge. The sales guys will tell you anything to get you to cut the check. I never knew about humidity until I read this forum, so that was a big help. Also, can the drier be in the same room as the Kornit ?

Old January 9th, 2014 Jan 9, 2014 5:50:20 AM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Humidity is a huge factor with these machines we built a box around ours with a humidifier in there. The higher the humidity the better and I personally don't want to be in the same room with all that humidity especially in the summer. We use a 4 drawer dryer and it's roughly 4 feet away from the kornit. We still screen print because it's faster. And we get large orders regularly of 100+ shirts we were doing orders for a company that wanted 10,000 shirts a month. There is no way any Kornit can keep up with something like that. Also in the world of Kornit the Breeze isn't exactly there fastest model either. Every shirt and design vary in time. I have done shirts that take less then a minute to get done to a shirt that takes 6 mins to get done. So most of my runs are less then 40 shirts per order but we host a couple hundred different web stores where we supply shirts too. So someone might order 1 shirt from a web store and I'll do that but some days it's 1 shirt from 100 different webstores. So my breeze never stops. My breeze just turned two and I have over 20,000 prints on it. If it's going to be the only thing you are going to print with you may want to look into the larger models. The breeze only does one shirt at a time. Kornit has other models that can do two shirts at a time. Just got to figure if your going to have the business to justify the cost in that area.

Old January 9th, 2014 Jan 9, 2014 6:00:11 AM -   #74 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks again. The larger models are also much more $$$ though and we have little business now so we figure buy the machine and the business will come. So the 4 drawer drier works well ? The Hirsch people say the conveyer is better but it takes up a lot of room. Does the 4 drawer put off a lot of heat ?

Old January 9th, 2014 Jan 9, 2014 6:02:51 AM -   #75 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Oh, and you said you have a hard time on Polyester. The sales guys tell me that is not a problem. How about 50/50 blends ?

This is a discussion about Breeze User Experience that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in