[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 14th, 2013 Aug 14, 2013 11:58:17 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Breeze User Experience

so after the first error-free 500 prints, the printer today started to act all weird:

1. error: "general swath printing error" - after it sprayed and wiped

2. printer quit print-jobs for no apparent reason right after spray/wipe

3. printer does not exit the platen after a print

4. quickp quits once in a while - it seems to me that the program is not stable running win7 32bit.

5. "hardware error 80030000 unknown communication error"

6. right after pressing print button on the machine nothing happens and display reads "ink level changed. 0"

so this all happened in one day (!). after turning machine off/on problem seems to be dissolved, however, so many errors in one day on a new machine makes us wonder....

lets see what the support people say about this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2013 Aug 16, 2013 6:05:13 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

That sucks all in one day! I have had all those things happen to me but not all at once. Try using some canned air (or an air compressor if it's near by) and just gently run it across the encoder strip that should help you with problems 1 and 5. I know when the came here and gave us the talk on keeping the machine up they never talked about the encoder strip. If those problems keep happing or it starts to print kind of "fuzzy" take a lint free towel with some windex, water or even wiping fluid and gently run it over the encoder strip. As to problems 2,3 and 4 I don't know why those happen. I usually just turn off the machine and turn it back on. Sometimes I have to exit out of Quick P and start it back up. It always seems to me that they pour all there R&D into the machine but the software takes a back seat to it. As cool and complex all the Kornits are there still just a giant ink jet printer for shirts. And if you have crappy print software it's just annoying. There's still bugs in the system, the technology is new and there changing things to make it better. There has been a lot of changes in the year and a half since we got our breeze so I figure there will be better changes down the road. Just the road has some potholes in it.

Old August 16th, 2013 Aug 16, 2013 9:49:35 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

you are right when you are saying the machine is good, the software messy. i am 100% posotive the issues all come from software issues related with quickp. you cannot print if the file is located on a 1gbit networked server location (quickp quits for no reason). we got rid of the issues when we made sure not even photoshop was running on the computer - only quickp.

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 7:24:02 PM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Miguel

Guys thanks for all your tips, I am also expecting a breeze pretty soon, but I am really confused about the dryer ,I understand gas dryer is the key to keep low cost on drying the garment , and 3000 to 5500 cfm is the ideal , I had been looking for Interchange MD8 (I think 36-48" belt works), I will prefer a used one,but had not been able to find it....
we are also screen printers and we use a big 60" belt Hix gas dryer , but I think we need a smaller one for the breeze in case the big one is down.
Do you guys think the Interchange MD8 will work fine ?

Old August 19th, 2013 Aug 19, 2013 8:08:07 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Greg

I run the MD8. We did a blower pulley change to increase air flow. Ask interchange for details I don't have them anymore. We run everything at 180 deg 13 min to ensure dry.

We have a Storm and a Storm II. And it mostly keeps up but you do have to fold the arms in small etc and use all the belt space when both are printing full tilt.

Old August 19th, 2013 Aug 19, 2013 8:30:55 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

please do talk about dryers in the appropriate threads. thank you!

Old August 19th, 2013 Aug 19, 2013 12:16:31 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitos
we left the breeze untouched over the weekend from friday 19:00 until monday 8:00. the first thing we realized turning it back on is that none of the white nozzles were firing. we did 2-3 purge and whipes - still a bad nozzle check. had to purge white heads for 1sec and it came back slowly. humidity is perfect in the room btw (45%)

from your experience, how long can you leave the breeze untouched? what do you do to have a good nozzle check after two days wihtout having to purge large amounts of ink??

Hey man, not to be a jerk..but 45% is FAR from a perfect humidity level. Make your room feel like its in the rainforest and THEN it'll be perfect.

I am not comfortable with my humidity level until it hits 60% and above. I walked into 79% this morning. Printed all day, like a dream.

Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 4:29:41 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffix
Hey man, not to be a jerk..but 45% is FAR from a perfect humidity level. Make your room feel like its in the rainforest and THEN it'll be perfect.

I am not comfortable with my humidity level until it hits 60% and above. I walked into 79% this morning. Printed all day, like a dream.
And that's why my kornit is in a box lol. I walked in this morning and the box was at 70% humidity and the room was nice and cool. The machine may like being in the rainforest but I sure don't lol
Reypromo likes this.

Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 4:38:34 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

you are really crazy
70% humidity haha... do you have snakes and other rainforest animals walking around?

anyway, we are getting close to 1000 prints now (after two weeks), no errors anymore so it must have been the computer.

we started to reuse our tucloc platens we had for our kiosk 3 and attached them to the kornit. cost us under 50 bucks for drilling the holes and cutting through the metal (for polos).

now we have one youth platen and another polo platen and a sleeve platen. do you have any idea how to tell quickp the exact platen size? right now we are measuring the positions from the standard platen.

can post some pictures later on.

The Following User Says Thank You to davitos For This Useful Post:
Livingston (September 20th, 2013)
Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 10:44:29 AM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yes, I am quite crazy. although, I'd say I'd be absolutely insane if i had to deal with the problems that come with too low of humidity.

we do get snakes in the shop...we're in rural PA. some bears on occasion also. hahaha!

Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 10:53:11 AM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

/irony off

did you ever get bad coverage due to low humidity??

in seven years of doing dtg we never had any problems with our epson machines. i doubt we will run into problems with the breeze!

Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 12:52:37 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
/irony off

did you ever get bad coverage due to low humidity??

in seven years of doing dtg we never had any problems with our epson machines. i doubt we will run into problems with the breeze!
I wouldn't say there was a coverage problem as so much as it makes it better. It gets very rough here for humidity in the winter. There's nothing like a good New England winter lol. But humidity drops to almost nothing even in the box I struggle to get 45% humidity. I still can get a good print but it looks much better when I have 80% humidity.

Old August 26th, 2013 Aug 26, 2013 7:53:54 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

So just to keep you guys updated: We spoke to Kornit EU about the problems we've had with their delivery and all the other ****-ups. They assured to have implemented our input into their guidelines and will send us free ink to compensate. Good thing!

Old August 26th, 2013 Aug 26, 2013 10:22:39 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
So just to keep you guys updated: We spoke to Kornit EU about the problems we've had with their delivery and all the other ****-ups. They assured to have implemented our input into their guidelines and will send us free ink to compensate. Good thing!
Nice at least they made good on it!

Old August 27th, 2013 Aug 27, 2013 11:25:52 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

So another few hundred shirts later, we hit a problem that we cannot fix by ourselves: it reads "s-tank low" for black and magenta although the secondary tanks for both colors are full. we turned the machine on and off and rebooted computer a few times, tried to reset the ink level some 10-15 times, clipped ink bottle on and off a few times, checked the sensor - everything to no avail.

the problem satrted after we hit the emergency stop button since we loaded a wront shirt to a print job. right after turning the machine on again the error appeared. we think it could be a broken fuse?

kornit told us they will call us tomorrow and get a technician over.

any other ideas from you guys? thanks!

This is a discussion about Breeze User Experience that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in