[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 17th, 2013 Jul 17, 2013 1:42:47 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Breeze User Experience

We upgraded from a Kiosk 2 to a Storm II I absolutely hated the kiosk and half the time a job for 50 shirts came in I wanted to cry.
With the Storm 2 we have owned it for just over 2 months and I have put over 6000 prints on it and love it.

It has its ups and downs but that is down to me trying to find the correct print settings, also different garments make a huge change to print settings.
So far the only issue I have had since install is the Adelco drying cabinet locking up occasionally...

As Ghoster32111 told me in another thread print the kornit colour charts and reference to them if you have any troubles getting colours.

Also with the humidity I found a humidifier just didn't cut it I run an old school evaporative airconditioner which makes my room stay around 70-75% humidity and the machine loves it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2013 Jul 18, 2013 11:00:58 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

thank you all for your valueable feedback so far. very much apprechiated.

we just received an arrival date from kornit in cw31. so two more weeks to go....

Old July 28th, 2013 Jul 28, 2013 12:49:10 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

the machine arrived last friday, a few days earlier.

the problem was how the shipping company could unload the machine and get it into our storefront shop. we told kornit beforehand that they needed a forklift, we multiple times spoke to the shipping company and they assured us the truck and the staff is able to unload the machine and get it into our shop.

friday morning a tiny, non english-polish only speaking guy from the shipping company arrived with the machine. it took him 3 hours (!) even to get the pallet out of his truck! he brought a tiny forklift that did not cover even half of the pallet the breeze was on. that was it. imagine a small dude trying to lift 300kg?? damn right it didnt work. only with the help of three men from a neighbor's business they got the machine into our shop. we lost half a day of labour due to this. is kornit paying for this? I dont think so.

very upsetting start i have to say. why on earth did neither kornit, nor the distributor or even the shipping company take any measures to prevent this?

next week, the installation guy will show up. will report back then.

Old July 29th, 2013 Jul 29, 2013 4:34:25 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Off to a great start I see. lol Don't feel bad when the dropped ours off they couldn't figure how to get it down the alley because the fork lift was to big it took 2 pallet jacks and 6 guys in the print shop to stop working and muscle it in lol.

Old July 29th, 2013 Jul 29, 2013 5:10:34 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

good service would have been to simply follow what we told them and be flexible with the delivery dates instead of this.

we finally unpacked the machine yesterday and put it in its place. took four strong people to lift it and another 2h to unpack the crate. machine looks great, it better prints great as well and makes money

next monday technician will install it all.

quick question:
does the breeze need an external computer with usb to print or can we simply use a remote computer with quickp 2 and photoshop and send the jobs via lan?? also, does the quickp have dongle protection?

Old July 29th, 2013 Jul 29, 2013 10:28:39 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I'm not sure, we are plugged into it here with a USB and then I'm hooked up wirelessly to everything else. But you kinda want your computer right next to it because if you decide in a run of 12 shirts that you need more or less spray or white or something it might be a pain to run up to computer in another room or something.

Old July 29th, 2013 Jul 29, 2013 10:35:47 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

we have it in the same room some 3m away - but i dont want to use a usb cable to do it as we have a lan port next to the machine

Old August 3rd, 2013 Aug 3, 2013 2:25:33 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

call me stupid - but where do i find USB ports and LAN ports on the breeze???

Old August 5th, 2013 Aug 5, 2013 9:54:36 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

so today was the day... lovely dude from kornit arrived to install the heads, do a few ink fills, purges and head alignment and we were ready to roll. printed about 20-30 shirts - most of them were great. and on average a huge design printed in 3-4 mins max when we used production mode which we found to be the best fit. will post some pictures and a video soon.

one white only design that had a great coverage we removed from the dido only to find out it wasnt cured properly. what could have caused this? we used 60% spray on a gildan softstyle and 2 white passes with highlight and cured for 6 mins 160°.

Old August 5th, 2013 Aug 5, 2013 11:59:19 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Depending on the size of the design and a lot of white it just needed more time like 8 to 10 mins. I average that on a large white design at the same temp. Just make sure you have good air flow in your dryer.

Old August 6th, 2013 Aug 6, 2013 12:58:40 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

day two of the training - printed 130 shirts today - mostly test prints. we believe sometimes if you want to print really bright colors (esp. cyan and magenta), you cannot add another color layer. interlace mode just does not cut it. why on earth would kornit not offer color passes in their quickp software?? i cannot believe we have to rip the file again with just color to get good coverage?!

how are you folks handling it?

Old August 7th, 2013 Aug 7, 2013 4:24:16 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I heard there is supposed to be a software update that allows you to do a color pass and some other editing things. But as to the when I have no idea or if it's just talk. Until then it's rip it again and print again for brightness. I sometimes do it with white as well to get a nice coverage.

Old August 8th, 2013 Aug 8, 2013 8:38:48 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

we should all email kornit about this. at least i did. every rip i have seen is able to adjust color pass settings - and i dont see why a 60k machine cannot do this same?!?

Old August 12th, 2013 Aug 12, 2013 7:51:08 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

we left the breeze untouched over the weekend from friday 19:00 until monday 8:00. the first thing we realized turning it back on is that none of the white nozzles were firing. we did 2-3 purge and whipes - still a bad nozzle check. had to purge white heads for 1sec and it came back slowly. humidity is perfect in the room btw (45%)

from your experience, how long can you leave the breeze untouched? what do you do to have a good nozzle check after two days wihtout having to purge large amounts of ink??

Old August 12th, 2013 Aug 12, 2013 2:13:46 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitos
we left the breeze untouched over the weekend from friday 19:00 until monday 8:00. the first thing we realized turning it back on is that none of the white nozzles were firing. we did 2-3 purge and whipes - still a bad nozzle check. had to purge white heads for 1sec and it came back slowly. humidity is perfect in the room btw (45%)

from your experience, how long can you leave the breeze untouched? what do you do to have a good nozzle check after two days wihtout having to purge large amounts of ink??
On our Storm 2 I just get a lint free cloth with lots of flushing fluid on it and give the heads a wipe then a purge then purge and wipe and its usually good to go.

This is a discussion about Breeze User Experience that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in