[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience - Page 11 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Breeze User Experience

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 10th, 2015 Jul 10, 2015 3:20:39 AM -   #151 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Breeze User Experience

First issue in months:
when we launched the morning startup and cleaning procedure with one of our breezes, the nozzle test showed some missing nozzles on one of the white heads. half a block is missing.

this happened last week after a very dry and hot weekend (42°C). this weekend the machines did not run.

kornit suggest we clean the head with cleaning solution. is there anything else we can do to manually unclogg the nozzles?

we def. want to avoid purchasing a new head.

there is a service in germany that cleans and recovers nova print heads. has any1 of you tried such a service? did it work? how much did it cost?

any ideas are apprechiated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2015 Jul 10, 2015 5:16:28 AM -   #152 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brodie

Flush it! I have a print head doctor 8 which works amazingly for stubborn clogs. PM me for more info on flushing and such. This is no biggie you'll easily overcome this.

Old July 10th, 2015 Jul 10, 2015 5:25:47 AM -   #153 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Yea this isn't such a hard one you can remove the head and soak it in flushing fluid the flush the whole thing or you can use my homemade flushing kit I call the Ghoster 9000 I posted a picture of it in the Macguyvering a Kornit thread I started a while back but the basics are you will need a shallow try some flushing fluid two short pieces of tubing a Y connector and a syringe connect the two pieces of tubing to the in and out of the print head and then to the Y connect and then connect the whole thing to the a syringe filled with flushing fluid fill the tray part of the way full with flushing fluid as well and force the fluid through the head and then pull it back through then repeat as needed you can always [ull the head up to check the curtain. Just be super careful not to get the electronics wet. I had the same exact thing happen on both white heads and a yellow and this method saved them all.

Old July 12th, 2015 Jul 12, 2015 1:20:46 AM -   #154 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

thanks, guys, for your input.

we have been able to clear the missing nozzles.

here's what we did:
> purge white ink out and replacing it with flushing solution (until white resembles in a more clear and non milky color)
> then we purged flushing through the head (probably 15-20x)
> did a nozzle test and voila, it all came back

the whole procedure took about 30-45 mins. 1.5 small bottles of flusing was used.

all good again.

Old July 20th, 2015 Jul 20, 2015 10:49:45 PM -   #155 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

so after 11 weeks the spray pump decided to call it quits again.

we will have to speak a serious word with kornit about selling faulty parts and not fixing it. 3rd faulty pump in one machine in under 12 months. sucks!

Old July 21st, 2015 Jul 21, 2015 10:53:45 AM -   #156 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitos
so after 11 weeks the spray pump decided to call it quits again.

we will have to speak a serious word with kornit about selling faulty parts and not fixing it. 3rd faulty pump in one machine in under 12 months. sucks!
Just for fun you should try my $100 fix on the previous page. See if you get any usable pressure. Unless your unit is just pouring out fixation.

Old July 23rd, 2015 Jul 23, 2015 10:43:52 AM -   #157 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

kornit was kind enough to replace the pump for free

so next time i try your hack ;P

Old September 8th, 2015 Sep 8, 2015 11:19:15 PM -   #158 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodiew
Flush it! I have a print head doctor 8 which works amazingly for stubborn clogs. PM me for more info on flushing and such. This is no biggie you'll easily overcome this.
Hey Brodie

Just wondering what pressure settings you have used on the Breeze PH.

I recently brought a Breeze that had been sitting with ink in it for over a month and managed to get some pretty good nozzle checks.

I've run my white and Cyan heads through the head doctor and the cyan came out great on 7psi pressure with Ultra sonic but the white needs more work. Im wondering how far I can push the pressure up before doing damage?

Old October 25th, 2015 Oct 25, 2015 6:18:54 AM -   #159 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Rossina

Failures appear to apply the pre treatment, what happened?
Can be three defects:

1- The nozzle ejecting the pretreatment is dirty.
Solution: carefully disassemble and clean with water or some type desingripante wd40.

2. The line filter pretreatment may be saturated (dirty).
Solution: You can exchange it for a new or disassemble and clean the stainless steel screen with a machine to clean heads with ultrasound. Handle the screen carefully without kneading, folding, twisting the stainless steel screen. Do not use brushes to clean because the stainless steel screen can twist and the filter will lose efficiency.

3- DEFECT CHRONIC PART!
PROFIT FOR Kornit!
Buy a new pump?
No need !!!
The system pressure falls or becomes unstable, you call the coach, he knows that joining the bomb will explode, yet he tells you to increase the system pressure to adjust the pressure of 2.50 bar. After that will burst the seal and after some impressions get a small leak and depressurizes the system.
How much does a new piece in your country?
In Brazil costs USD 1714.00, very cheap is not it? Ah ah ah ah
The seal was made to ruin with little use. The sealing part enters the recess and not more seals, depressurizing the entire system.
Solution: If you are skilled can disassemble and make a new label with a bicycle camera rubber it solves.
Today manufacture a stainless steel piece that also solves this problem permanently.

Old January 2nd, 2016 Jan 2, 2016 5:10:50 AM -   #160 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

So happy new year Kornit Breeze people.

2015 marked a good year for our breeze machines.

2 days downtime in total (1 machine two days). the rest ran flawlessly apart from the pump issues we had to replace twice on both machines.

with 2016, there come a lot of changes:
> new breeze software (carriage does not have to travel all the way through if theres no image to print)
> new inks (better coverage, better hand, no more smells and brighter colors)
> new support models (kornit eu now charges for support calls > 15mins)

so question is: who has these new inks and the new breeze software?? how much did this cost? and do you see a benefit?

Old January 2nd, 2016 Jan 2, 2016 6:35:14 AM -   #161 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Nick
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitos
So happy new year Kornit Breeze people.

2015 marked a good year for our breeze machines.

2 days downtime in total (1 machine two days). the rest ran flawlessly apart from the pump issues we had to replace twice on both machines.

with 2016, there come a lot of changes:
> new breeze software (carriage does not have to travel all the way through if theres no image to print)
> new inks (better coverage, better hand, no more smells and brighter colors)
> new support models (kornit eu now charges for support calls > 15mins)

so question is: who has these new inks and the new breeze software?? how much did this cost? and do you see a benefit?
I have been told the new software is approx £1500, think someone also told me the changeover kit is £1000 for the inks. We will definitely be doing in the inks in the new year but will try to find out a bit more about the software. Shame we have to pay considering some of the repetitive bugs in the current software.

Not a fan of the new support, they are getting rid of Dennision in the UK who currently do the support and are based in two locations, replacing them with one Tech based in.. Cardiff I know they have a big customer in Bristol but for everyone else it must mean higher costs, they want us to pay over £10k a year in service costs plus approx £300 every time the tech is called out, would rather be out of warranty and take our chances.

Old April 17th, 2016 Apr 17, 2016 11:41:16 PM -   #162 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Steve

Firstly I must say this is my 1st post on the forum, although I have been following for quite a while now.

I'm British, based in Hungary and last week we took delivery of a Kornit Breeze 921 machine.
I was hoping some of you experienced guys could give me some pointers as to minimise my ink usage.

For example, we buy in a lot of Gildan & Anvil T-shirts, and it appears the Gildan is not as good as the Anvil for the Breeze, I know that is probably where I need to carry out more testing to find the correct amount pretreatment I need to lay down, and if I run a double white base or single.

What T-shirt have you found to be the best, and if you have create a table of Brands, Types, % or Pretreatment ect.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.

Old April 17th, 2016 Apr 17, 2016 11:51:34 PM -   #163 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

hi,

please open a new topic. this is not a support topic.

thanks!

Old April 18th, 2016 Apr 18, 2016 1:35:02 AM -   #164 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Steve

Sorry davitos,

I feel it was not a support question. It was a user experience question.

This is a discussion about Breeze User Experience that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in