Kornit Waterbased Ink Profiles - Help!!! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

Kornit Waterbased Ink Profiles - Help!!!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 1st, 2007 May 1, 2007 3:45:47 PM -   #1 (permalink)
CTD
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Kornit Waterbased Ink Profiles - Help!!!

Hello everybody, as you can all see, I am very new. However, I came here with a purpose.

I just had a Kornit 932DS installed. Granted, not TOO terribly many folks out there run this machine, or any Kornits for that matter. However, my salesman & the tech support lobby over there where I bought the machine are failing miserably to answer my phone calls.

I need to print white with my machine. Now.

My problem is, when I RIP the image, the CMYK files all come out great, but the W & H bits are just blank, instead of having the appropriate outlines contained within. Is the problem with the profile I'm using, or with the setup of the RIP?

Please help, and fast!!! I'd like to not be printing T-shirts at 2 in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2007 May 6, 2007 7:24:55 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tom

Default Re: Kornit Waterbased Ink Profiles - Help!!!

sorry to not have seen this sooner.

If you have not figured out the issue or they have not helped you i can offer you a bit of help.

First thing the rip really does not have anything to do with the white layers unless what you are sending it from photoshop without the info needed. We do the art in photoshop and then only use the rip to sep out the same layers from the channels tab in photoshop. I might double check that all these channels are checked in your photoshop file before saving it and opening it in the rip.

what rip are you using, the onyx or the wasatch? we use the wasatch and things have worked right from our install date. i would call the rip company and just bypass your sales people. i would also immediately contact the kornit people and give them details of your experience to date.

Where is your dealer located?

hope it works out for you. I can tell you that we have found that the art and software make all the difference for sure.

Tom

Old May 8th, 2007 May 8, 2007 7:35:45 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: bob

hello ctd,

bob emb here i just purchased a 932ds. who did you get it from

regards

bob
please email me if you do not want to say who sold you on the forum

Last edited by Rodney; May 15th, 2007 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: removed email address to protect from spambots. Please use Private Message or forum email features.

Old May 21st, 2007 May 21, 2007 3:27:50 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Just a quick note - I also own a Kornit so I can help in some areas as well. Sorry I wasn't around to see your issue sooner.

Old August 1st, 2007 Aug 1, 2007 4:04:08 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I can help you with your colour seperations . Please contact me [email protected] and send me a file you would like to have seperated for your Kornit 931D. I run one as well and I have mastered the art of prepping for this machine.

This is a discussion about Kornit Waterbased Ink Profiles - Help!!! that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in