[Kornit General] How to print blue solid fills with kornit breeze (software2.0)? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] How to print blue solid fills with kornit breeze (software2.0)?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2012 Mar 11, 2012 3:40:01 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Giulius
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Angry How to print blue solid fills with kornit breeze (software2.0)?

often enough for us it is impossible to print good blue solid fills with the breeze 921. Even reds are not fully lovable, but the big problem are the blues if we are going to print solid areas. I'm using the new breeze 2.0 software, so I have interlace and double color options as well, but there's always (not always, that's a stretch, but often enough as I said) some stripe popping up from white underbase. Hoped the new software's release could help but till now no joy. Temperature and humidity are ok, and nozzle test is good as well. We tried various cmyk percentages, changing values with more-less-or-not black in it, and we tried different white channel opacity, and single and double white, but the result is not satisfying, and if we want to print a very light blue, or even a very bright blue, no chance at all. The best results we had where with high black percentage in the cmyk, but doing so we obtain a very, very dark blue, and on dark garments is a see-no-see experience. Maybe out there someone has a special recipe to mix cmyk composition, single-or-double white underbase, interlace and resolution?
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2012 Mar 12, 2012 6:53:45 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Earl

Default Re: How to print blue solid fills with kornit breeze (software2.0)?

Giulius

try decreasing whitebase layer percentage, for example 85% double white layer.
but it just makes the image looks better, print solid color on Kornit machine is a little hard to do it!

Old March 12th, 2012 Mar 12, 2012 11:30:57 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you Earl.
I already used these settings, but as you said, it only improved (a little bit) the image.
by the way, when you create the file in photoshop, how much opacity do you give to the white underbase channel?
at the moment we print the image and then we print a second image (from a second file) consisting of only the blue areas. the effect is good (even better if the first print is done with interlace) but is a pain to print two times for every t-shirt, even if the blue areas are very small.

Old March 13th, 2012 Mar 13, 2012 7:02:35 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Earl

I never deal the opacity at the white channel. I change the opacity setting on the 932 machine.
The white channel is not all 100% in the image area, I use gradient white base under the image by using photoshop action provided by Kornit. And I use QuickP Designer to RIP the file.
I don't know this is the info you need or not. I never use breeze machine, I don't know the base principles of the printheads motion are the same with 932(thunder) or not. In the computer of 932, there's a file named machinemotionparas.txt, I can tune the printheads a little better in print solid color. But it still improves a little, not perfect.

Earl

Old March 14th, 2012 Mar 14, 2012 11:56:24 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you Earl.
I have a breeze, so I'm not sure the settings you used in the machineparameters could help, but I would like to know what changes you made in the machineparameters file.

Old March 15th, 2012 Mar 15, 2012 2:50:57 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

we are now trying to test different combination of the cmyk, maybe with less cyan we can obtain a better result in coverage. be back if we'll have good news about to share.
regarding parameters, Earl, please explain me how you chenged them, so maybe I could do the same on the breeze.

Old June 27th, 2012 Jun 27, 2012 5:04:39 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

after testing, the better way to obtain a blue solid fill with our Breeze is to use a cmyk 100-0-0-20, ripping the file manually via photoshop and using a 20% white opacity in the white channel under blue areas. with more white under the blues, the white sort of pump up from beneath.
kornit as usual is very difficult to tune (and very hard to handle if you want to mantain the very same print result day by day), and for whatever reason, in this case the print is better with lower resolution (600x600) and with high production speed (with production we often have banding problems in blue solid fills).
another problem is the spray pump. if it's not perfectly spraying, the banding comes back.
I'm obviously not happy to have such a pain to obtain solid fills after spending this lot of money.
don't be happy with a couple of prints at some fair, it's best to do tons of free test before buying.

Old December 6th, 2012 Dec 6, 2012 12:00:01 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i'm able to print quite good solid blue prints but it's only done by knowing good position in movementfactor but it changes the print of other colors.
I'm checking desing and then deside about parameters. But i really don't like to work so.
Hope to find good technical information how to set printheads in best position to have prints without banding.
and it seem my black print head is heading to refurbishing.

Old December 7th, 2012 Dec 7, 2012 6:09:22 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: James

Just out of curiosity...what print speed are you using and are you printing uni or bi-directional?

The reason I ask is that if I am printing ANY design with a double white (no matter the %) with interlace color print mode at high quality, on unidirectional with the hopes of getting vivid detail and a crisp image...my machine bands like MAD. I'm not sure why, but I just refrain from using such settings.

Oh, and I operate a 931Storm..

Old December 16th, 2012 Dec 16, 2012 10:46:15 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I'm printing in interlace mode, prodoction, double white, and for dark and colored garment use black T545,

Old February 14th, 2013 Feb 14, 2013 1:32:58 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBooze
Thank you Earl.
I have a breeze, so I'm not sure the settings you used in the machineparameters could help, but I would like to know what changes you made in the machineparameters file.
The software for the 921 is very different from the 932. The Thunder has the MachineMotionParams.txt file whereas in the Breeze it is called M921_MotionControl.xml

Also the drive mechanisms are completely different, the breeze is belt and worm gear driven and the Thunder has magnetic drives like a bullet train.

I wish I had a better answer about your blue.

I do know that too much white under base stacks up and makes these peaks and valleys. Then the CMYKL ink settles into the valleys and exposes the white ink peaks. But this is usually observed as more of a mottled color look.

Old September 24th, 2019 Sep 24, 2019 12:06:45 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Can anyone help with standard settings with Quick P 2.0 on a kornit breezefor a solid colour or white print on black T-shirt. A screen shot would be great for best settings and any good tips .,
Cheers

Last edited by Jeffdoyle; September 24th, 2019 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Update

This is a discussion about How to print blue solid fills with kornit breeze (software2.0)? that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in