[Kornit General] Advanced Tricks For Kornit Printing - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit General] Advanced Tricks For Kornit Printing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 23rd, 2011 May 23, 2011 5:13:01 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Advanced Tricks For Kornit Printing

Hey All, I wanted to get a thread together that could house everyone's tips for printing with Kornits in one thread. I am hoping that if people develop any creative solutions for printing, they will share them here. I found a couple pieces of advice on here that were pretty helpful, so I will add those as well.

Please, feel free to add to this list, I think it could be useful for everyone.

Black Overlay- One technique I have been using is an overlay layer for just black ink. On some of our heavier cotton shirts, we'll have an issue of the fibers poking through and making certain areas of the garment less opaque. Its usually bad in the areas with single layers of ink(no underlay).

If you have a file that has large areas of black that are supposed to be very bold and opaque, I will use the following procedure. In photoshop, after you convert the image to a .TIF and create your print file, duplicate the file. From there, I remove the alpha and spot color layers(The underlay and Highlight), and then I proceed to remove the other colors aside from black. I save the file and have a file the is the exact same dimensions as the original file. Then when you load the artwork onto the Kornit Program, add both files to your que and set them to print in the exact same location. I tend to set everything up position wise, and then change the quantity to 1. Next I will save the que. Now, you "load que" and print the original artwork with full color and underlay. The next file qued up to print is the black overlay. Simply send to print again, and it will print another layer of black right over the original artwork. I find it is best to have the CMYK for this set up as (C=0,M=0,Y=0, k=100). This means it is just spraying black with no other colors. The result is a very dark black that is close to screenprinting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abbashusain For This Useful Post:
earllin (May 23rd, 2011), fasteddie (May 30th, 2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2011 May 23, 2011 5:18:05 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Advanced Tricks For Kornit Printing

From forum user: rndubow

In regards to print over zippers on hoodies. Normally, you have to adjust the print height to be 2-3mm over the highest point, which is always the zipper on the garment. This causes the print heads to be too far away from the cloth of the garment, and sometimes causes misprints. His solution is excellent and cost effective.... It raises everything BUT the zipper, you can print more effectively.

"We have found the easiest and least expensive way to create custom options like this is to buy a sheet of 3/16 plexiglass. For the zipper, we cut two sections of plexiglass the length of the pallet, and half the width of the pallet, minus about 1". We use double sided tape to secure the 2 pieces of plexiglass to the pallet, leaving the 1" gap in the middle for the zipper to recess into. The only area that is on top of the plexiglass is the material from the sweatshirt. If we need to print the pocket only on a garment, we have a piece of plexiglass the size of the pocket, position the plexiglass on the pallet with 2 sided tape, place the garment on the pallet with the pocket on top of the plexiglass, and print. You have to be very cautious to make sure you raise the print heads to the proper height to avoid a head strike when doing this, but it works well."

The Following User Says Thank You to abbashusain For This Useful Post:
earllin (June 4th, 2011)
Old June 3rd, 2011 Jun 3, 2011 10:35:56 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Default Re: Advanced Tricks For Kornit Printing

Can you upload a photo of it. That would make it easier to understand.
Thanks

This is a discussion about Advanced Tricks For Kornit Printing that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in