[Kornit 932NDS] Head problem - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit 932NDS] Head problem

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 27th, 2011 Apr 27, 2011 9:21:21 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Head problem

Hi,

I'm workin with Kornit 932Nds but somehow print heads clogs or dry out very quick. even after manual head cleaning i'm able to make only few prints without any loss of quality.

Any solutions??
where could be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2011 Apr 27, 2011 10:21:30 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Earl

Default Re: Head problem

try to do these 2 things, hope this make some help.

Maybe you can change the vacuum pressure level.
The print head pressure is negative pressure, you can tune the negative pressure a little less.
tune the red circle, see the reading at the square. the best reading is -14 on my machine.
the range is between -12 to -18

And I met a problem before, the minipurgetime parameter in the MachineMotionParameter.txt maybe be the other issue.
If the weather is hot, just like summer time, the ink liquidity is higher, you need to down the minipurgeitme a little. Vice Versa.
Maybe you can try to change the parameter to fix this problem. Just change MiniWhitePurgeTime and MiniWhitePurgeLayerTime only.
These 2 params is about white print heads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacuum.jpg (197.3 KB, 46 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to earllin For This Useful Post:
fasteddie (April 28th, 2011)
Old April 27th, 2011 Apr 27, 2011 10:30:33 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

by the way, if it's the white print head clog, change the parameters I mentioned. For the CMYK print head, change the other 2 parameter in the MMP.txt.
And do you shake the white ink every week? The density of white ink is higher than CMYK ink. Be attention, shake well every week, put still 1 DAY BEFORE YOU USE IT because after shaking, there are many air bobbles in the ink bottle. This will clog the print head.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earllin For This Useful Post:
fasteddie (April 28th, 2011), Raivis (April 28th, 2011)

Old April 28th, 2011 Apr 28, 2011 9:23:06 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

hmm, interesting solution. If i had time for testing .
Vacuum is set to 14.5
yesterday i worked quite well, we had some problems with blue color and it's hard to say. is it the kornits fault or file is not properly made.
to get heads wokr nomal i made purge for 15 dec. than purge and wipe than run the print. it worked good but there is waste of ink.

thank you !

Old April 28th, 2011 Apr 28, 2011 9:39:35 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

remember the vacuum is "negative" pressure. this negative pressure prevent the ink drop down from the print head. if the print head is too dry, you should "reduce" the negative pressure, that means if your reading is -14 and the print head is too dry, you can try to make the reading to -13.5, -13...

The Following User Says Thank You to earllin For This Useful Post:
Raivis (April 29th, 2011)
Old May 2nd, 2011 May 2, 2011 1:01:32 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

To me it sounds like it could be the humidity. These machines are very sensitive to the humidity. We're in michigan, so ours has been pretty low.

You generally want to be at around 45-50% at least. We often drop down to 25%. At about 30% or less, the ink will dry up and bead on the green wiping blades. Usually, when it tries to purge and wipe, it will just gather more ink on the blade and your print will have streaks through the design.

We work in a larger factory, so controlling humidity is impossible for me. What I do, when humidity is low, is wipe down the blades with wiping fluid and lint free cloth. I also spray a little more wiping fluid on blades so that the next time it performs a purge and wipe, it cleans itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to abbashusain For This Useful Post:
vctradingcubao (May 2nd, 2011)
Old May 2nd, 2011 May 2, 2011 6:44:25 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbashusain
We work in a larger factory...
I've seen someone make a transparent tent around Kornit932, use a mist spray machine(sorry, I don't know how to name it) to keep the air moisture. It's a weird but useful. Just for your reference.

This is a discussion about Head problem that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in