Kornit's CMYK waterbased inks. - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

Kornit's CMYK waterbased inks.

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 15th, 2007 Mar 15, 2007 4:43:26 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Kornit's CMYK waterbased inks.

Anyone using them yet? I went to see a live demo in N.J in December, they look way better than the solevent cmyk inks. With the waterbase inks, the Kornit now sprays tap water on the shirts with a solution that mixes in with a 5 gallon container which only cost around $17US, no staining, and perfect spraying. With the new version of white they have now for the waterbase, you can actually over due the amount of ink layed onto the t-shirt which is good for sweatshirts or fleece and it saves ink on t-shirts. I would say it's the closest looking inks next to plastisol.

I want to know before I take the step into changing over my system.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2007 Mar 15, 2007 4:48:28 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Greg

Default Re: Kornit's CMYK waterbased inks.

Sounds like a version of discharge inks....keep us posted if you take the plunge.

Old March 15th, 2007 Mar 15, 2007 5:14:53 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Actually it's not. Dosen't a discharge remove the colour out of the fabric. This slaps the ink on the shirts.

Old March 15th, 2007 Mar 15, 2007 5:20:00 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Greg

Cool...can't wait to hear more.

Old March 15th, 2007 Mar 15, 2007 1:53:01 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris

I think they look better because the ink has a higher viscosity, they can get away with this because of the industrial printhead being used a spectra 128 I think(about $2,000+ each if I remember correctly). I have heard some good and some bad about the auto pretreatment they use, something about them using to much, coming out with great prints but it peels off due to the amount of treatment....cant wait to see how it does in the field.

Old March 16th, 2007 Mar 16, 2007 3:51:33 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for the answers. Luckely the Kornit has many options to control the pretreat stage, from a 0 spray to a 40 spray which a lot. I guess it's just about getting to know your machine. But there is a lot of control once you know what your doing.

Old March 16th, 2007 Mar 16, 2007 4:37:55 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared
I think they look better because the ink has a higher viscosity, they can get away with this because of the industrial printhead being used a spectra 128 I think(about $2,000+ each if I remember correctly). I have heard some good and some bad about the auto pretreatment they use, something about them using to much, coming out with great prints but it peels off due to the amount of treatment....cant wait to see how it does in the field.
heads are more like $20,000!

Auto-pretreat shouldn't be a problem once its been configured properly by the operator. Had the same over pre-treatment on a sample made from Kornit a few months ago but the latest one I've received has been far better. I'd have more faith in a machine doing my pretreatment rather then myself.

I think Kornit really are making big strides in the DTG scene but are very hush hush and humble about it.

Old March 16th, 2007 Mar 16, 2007 5:05:38 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yes a machine doing the spray will be 100% consistant everytime. I totally agree

Old March 16th, 2007 Mar 16, 2007 6:41:50 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

...what about printing cmyk on black garments, any experience on that? craigslst AT gmail.com for email

Old March 16th, 2007 Mar 16, 2007 7:07:17 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Printing the waterbase CMYK inks on black look incredible! The cyan and Magenta are more true of there colour than the solevent based inks the use right now. With the Kornit there is so many options you have to print your garments, from the amount of spray to how much ink you want to lay on the shirt with the control of your DPI settings. You can actually go overboard printing the white and colours on black shirts, they come out shiney and rubbery. But again that was testing it to it's fullest when i was at the demo showing in N.J. However this could be a good thing for printing on sweatshirts hoodies Etc, it will even out on those thicker garments.

This is a discussion about Kornit's CMYK waterbased inks. that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in