T-Shirt Forums banner

Kornit Opacity issues on dark shirts(especially white ink)

[Kornit 932NDS] 
3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Joe Bennett 
#1 ·
Hey everybody,
We've had a Kornit 932NDS for about a month, which we purchased brand new.
While there are many positive aspects of the machine, we can't get the quality of the prints on dark shirts nearly where we want them to be. No matter what settings we use, our prints on dark shirts, especially those that only use white, come out slightly less opaque than we're looking for.
I've tried several things. Including ranging the pretreat spray from 65%-150%(over multiple passes), and even when it looks great on the shirts, out of the dryer they appear much duller. We are using an Adelco 4-drawer dryer specifically recommended for this machine. I've ranged the drying temperature from 250 degrees to about 300.
Any suggestions as to what to try? St. Pattys day is coming up and we print primarily white ink on Irish green garments.

#3 ·
I print pure white with 100% double layers.
Spray reading is 83~86.
Through Dryer at 350F and dry 4~5 mins.
The air speed is as high as I can.
It looks good in some distance but not very good in near distance.
The white ink can't cover the lint very smooth just like screenprint.

If Kornit gives you some suggestion, please share it on this board. Thank you!

#5 ·
Edge, my experience with Kornit white ink was, to say the least, not positive and it seems to be a contiuing problem for others as well.

Several years ago our company had our Kornit 931 converted so we would be able to print white ink. It had been something that we were all looking forward to and had been selling our customers on for sometime. The salesman and Tech were in our shop for several days installing the white print heads. As they were leaving our shop, the salesman turns to look at me and he said something that was etched into my mind...with a bit of a smirk he said "Good luck with that white ink."

He knew...

He knew that there were problems with the white ink, and he knew that I would be having problems. It seems that people continue to have the same problems with the white ink that I had two or three years ago. And there is no training available that will help with a product that -in my never to be humble opinion-is a bad product.

They say that the two happiest days of any boat owners life is the day that he buys the boat, followed by the day that he sells the boat. I can think of one other purchase that I have made that would fit as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.