T-Shirt Forums banner

Price per print

[Kornit General] 
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ROYAL SAVAGE 
#1 ·
I am looking for some advice. I have a contract customer who is a sporting goods store looking to fill the less than 12 niche with there customers. We are currently screen printing anything 1-12 pcs for them, but they are looking for more of a fixed price. Can anyone clue me in on the true cost per print for a 12" x 12" spot color on Black tees? I have heard everything from $2-5 per print. I am looking at purchasing a Breeze or a 932. The missing pieces of the puzzle are pretreat cost, ink waste, etc.

#2 ·
I am looking for some advice. I have a contract customer who is a sporting goods store looking to fill the less than 12 niche with there customers. We are currently screen printing anything 1-12 pcs for them, but they are looking for more of a fixed price. Can anyone clue me in on the true cost per print for a 12" x 12" spot color on Black tees? I have heard everything from $2-5 per print. I am looking at purchasing a Breeze or a 932. The missing pieces of the puzzle are pretreat cost, ink waste, etc.
There are a lot of factors involved.

Pretreat is 75% water
Waste ink is 10 to 20% of ink used. IF ink usage is $2.00 total ink costs will be approximately $2.20 to $2.40 depending on YOU and how you maintain your gear.

I believe I have the most accurate numbers in the industry - I won't share them , LOL - and I can assure you that running a Kornit is easier and cheaper than other machines. My prediction is that the breeze will become the biggest selling small machine despite its higher price. Imagine having to pretreat the goods before printing them - I just want to print and print we do. Over 90% of what we print is on black thats my business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.