[Kornit 932NDS] QuickP Designer setups - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Kornit
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Kornit DTG owners.

[Kornit 932NDS] QuickP Designer setups

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2010 Nov 11, 2010 11:29:14 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Boris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default QuickP Designer setups

Yesterday we installed our new Kornit. Everything went fine. First nozzle test had all in all one K nozzle not printing. Anyway technician was great, but he lacks knowledge of QuickP Designer. To me it looks like all setups for dark create fulll underbase white under all CMYK. No halftones like we are used to make when we separate for screenprinting. OK we can produce underbase white manually in photoshop, but I was expecting there will be some automated actions, that create underbase in such way. At least for price you pay for QuickP Designer.
Is my observation true? We haven't tested all setups yet as we only made about 50 prints today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2010 Nov 11, 2010 11:50:12 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: QuickP Designer setups

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumanb
Yesterday we installed our new Kornit. Everything went fine. First nozzle test had all in all one K nozzle not printing. Anyway technician was great, but he lacks knowledge of QuickP Designer. To me it looks like all setups for dark create fulll underbase white under all CMYK. No halftones like we are used to make when we separate for screenprinting. OK we can produce underbase white manually in photoshop, but I was expecting there will be some automated actions, that create underbase in such way. At least for price you pay for QuickP Designer.
Is my observation true? We haven't tested all setups yet as we only made about 50 prints today.
It's all about learning Photoshop! If you are a good screen printer you'll get this. I'm a screen printer by trade and that knowledge has mad me the King of Digital Darks! All we print is black. You need to rip everything manually check your Quick P documents.

Old November 11th, 2010 Nov 11, 2010 4:23:32 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Earl

Try using BlackTMid in Photoshop action at step 3 of QuickP Designer.
If it locked, unlock it by clicking the lock icon.
If I have many files to rip, I always pull my psd file to BlackTMid.exe in C:/Program Files/Kornit/QuickP/Photoshop Actions/BlackTMid.exe. This will make the ripped tif file automatically. But this only rip the file to tif. No ksf file with it. Then I use QuickP Designer to make ksf file.

The Following User Says Thank You to earllin For This Useful Post:
baumanb (November 11th, 2010)

Old December 1st, 2010 Dec 1, 2010 4:47:50 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: SAK

Can someone, give a basic step by step artwork prep process for a Kornit 931. Were about to purchase one, but I have some questions that we need to address because of the market we are in. WE do tons of cad cut one color work and athletic screen printing, 1 to 5 colors plus underbases, mostly dark garments. We use all the basic athletic colors of vinyl and Screen Print inks. Tee & sweats.

Old December 12th, 2010 Dec 12, 2010 6:23:57 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Saktees,

If you are planning on purchasing any Kornit printer, I strongly recommend for you and whoever is preparing the artwork/operating the printer to consider talking to our Art Director, David Burkowitz. We offer a variety of training opportunities including webinars and in-house hands-on training sessions from our North American Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. What's more, we offer these artwork seminars free of charge for new machine purchases.

If you would like more information or to schedule a visit, you can call the office at:

414-354-0905

Thank You!

Old December 14th, 2010 Dec 14, 2010 5:15:23 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Niksa

Thumbs up Re: QuickP Designer setups

SAKTEES,

We bought Kornit 932 and got some manuals with it. One of them had manual file preparation steps in Photoshop. I use these techniques to manualy prepare files with white underbase.
However my advice is that you learn a bit in Photoshop otherwise you wont know what are you doing

Old December 14th, 2010 Dec 14, 2010 5:17:39 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: SAK

Thanks so much for your reply!
I'm a screen printer with many years of color separating in Photoshop & Illustrator, from basic to simulated process. Creating base plates is nothing new to me.
MY question was intended to give me an idea of what the differences are with Kornit DOG. I realize that it's CMYK, but what kind of base plate is needed? The purchase of this equipment is a big expense to buy first before they show you how to us it. The art work preparation requirements, is extremely important to us, since we do hundreds of orders a day of one of a kind artwork. Currently 90% of our art is customer created via our online flash api. Which we downloaded as vector and output as vinyl cut, or embroidered, or films for screen printing. We intend on automating our art creation with an online API. so the basic process will give us an idea of where to start.

Old December 14th, 2010 Dec 14, 2010 11:55:20 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Niksa

Nice ! Can you post a link to your site? I would like to see how this application works

This is a discussion about QuickP Designer setups that was posted in the Kornit section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in