T-Shirt Forums banner

QuickP Designer setups

[Kornit 932NDS] 
5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  nikcro 
#1 ·
Yesterday we installed our new Kornit. Everything went fine. First nozzle test had all in all one K nozzle not printing. Anyway technician was great, but he lacks knowledge of QuickP Designer. To me it looks like all setups for dark create fulll underbase white under all CMYK. No halftones like we are used to make when we separate for screenprinting. OK we can produce underbase white manually in photoshop, but I was expecting there will be some automated actions, that create underbase in such way. At least for price you pay for QuickP Designer.
Is my observation true? We haven't tested all setups yet as we only made about 50 prints today.

#3 ·
Try using BlackTMid in Photoshop action at step 3 of QuickP Designer.
If it locked, unlock it by clicking the lock icon.
If I have many files to rip, I always pull my psd file to BlackTMid.exe in C:/Program Files/Kornit/QuickP/Photoshop Actions/BlackTMid.exe. This will make the ripped tif file automatically. But this only rip the file to tif. No ksf file with it. Then I use QuickP Designer to make ksf file.

#4 ·
Can someone, give a basic step by step artwork prep process for a Kornit 931. Were about to purchase one, but I have some questions that we need to address because of the market we are in. WE do tons of cad cut one color work and athletic screen printing, 1 to 5 colors plus underbases, mostly dark garments. We use all the basic athletic colors of vinyl and Screen Print inks. Tee & sweats.

#5 ·
Saktees,

If you are planning on purchasing any Kornit printer, I strongly recommend for you and whoever is preparing the artwork/operating the printer to consider talking to our Art Director, David Burkowitz. We offer a variety of training opportunities including webinars and in-house hands-on training sessions from our North American Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. What's more, we offer these artwork seminars free of charge for new machine purchases.

If you would like more information or to schedule a visit, you can call the office at:

414-354-0905

Thank You!

#6 ·
SAKTEES,

We bought Kornit 932 and got some manuals with it. One of them had manual file preparation steps in Photoshop. I use these techniques to manualy prepare files with white underbase.
However my advice is that you learn a bit in Photoshop otherwise you wont know what are you doing :)

#7 ·
Thanks so much for your reply!
I'm a screen printer with many years of color separating in Photoshop & Illustrator, from basic to simulated process. Creating base plates is nothing new to me.
MY question was intended to give me an idea of what the differences are with Kornit DOG. I realize that it's CMYK, but what kind of base plate is needed? The purchase of this equipment is a big expense to buy first before they show you how to us it. The art work preparation requirements, is extremely important to us, since we do hundreds of orders a day of one of a kind artwork. Currently 90% of our art is customer created via our online flash api. Which we downloaded as vector and output as vinyl cut, or embroidered, or films for screen printing. We intend on automating our art creation with an online API. so the basic process will give us an idea of where to start.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.