T-Shirt Forums banner

DS vs NDS

[Kornit General] 
3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kornittech 
#1 ·
Hello everybody,

I'm planning to buy a kornit 932.

My question is if there is a diffrence in the 932DS or a 932NDS model?

I know the korint is a new 932-6 but don't know if its a ds or a nds...

Thanx

PS: thank you guys for making this forum, it was really helpfull buying a dtg.

#2 ·
An actual Kornit tech might want to correct me here, since it has been a few years since I've owned mine:

The 932DS was the older model; this unit contained 8 print heads, I believe; (4) CMYK / (4) White ink - each print head contained 128 nozzles.

The 932NDS was the newer model; this unit contains 6 print heads, I believe; (4) CMYK / (2) White ink, but each print head contains 256 nozzles. This effectively doubled the number of CMYK channels for faster printing, but by reducing the number of white print heads to (2), there was no loss or gain for the white ink printing. The 932NDS used the newer version of the Kornit white ink, as well, compared to the older ink that was run through the 932DS (I don't remember all the details, but I made some posts about the differences in ink when we made the conversion).

We upgraded out 932DS to an NDS for about $10,000 - the process took about a solid week with a Kornit tech from Israel in our shop. There were lots of other differences, as well, but I am sure they can give you more details!

#5 ·
The Kornit 932DS was the original CMYK plus white format. The DS model used Spectra 128 heads. The latest model is indeed the 932NDS. The machine was upgraded to the Spectra Nova 256 heads which greatly improved the speed and performance. The current additions to the 932NDS are the degassing system, the quick P GUI and the Quick P Designer for file preperation.

Fleece, Sweat shirts, acrylics, etc. can be printed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.