T-Shirt Forums banner

Inks/colors (want pure BW, or BW+color, not composite!:)

[Kornit General] 
4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  karol 
#1 ·
hi, its possible to print (with kornit and quick-p) with only black ink on white t-shirt,or only white ink on black t-shirt?
my t-shirt printer always adds all colors to my black and white pics(BW gradients mostly )..

i have one t-shirt from IF at home (look here: [media]http://www.imaginaryfoundation.com/products/F523B6_fullsize_large.jpg[/media] )

and the white area is pure white(without black or other ink), and blue is C/M i think.

i was thinking i will sent them *.PSD in BW mode next time, but how to make T-Shirt like IF above??

maybe will be good send them *.psd picture splitted to transparent layers depends on to color?

thanx for any hints
k.

#2 ·
hi, its possible to print (with kornit and quick-p) with only black ink on white t-shirt,or only white ink on black t-shirt?
my t-shirt printer always adds all colors to my black and white pics(BW gradients mostly )..

i have one t-shirt from IF at home (look here: [media]http://www.imaginaryfoundation.com/products/F523B6_fullsize_large.jpg[/media] )

and the white area is pure white(without black or other ink), and blue is C/M i think.

i was thinking i will sent them *.PSD in BW mode next time, but how to make T-Shirt like IF above??

maybe will be good send them *.psd picture splitted to transparent layers depends on to color?

thanx for any hints
k.
We do it all the time. It's a function of the prepress talent. Why are they adding color - do you not want that? You weren't clear.

#4 ·
i´ve sent them Grayscale Psd last week and told them to make it only with black and white ink, and today i was pick up the t-shirts.
And it is Black an White, but with f***king tiny CMYdots!
Im hopeless,they are good company,with nice prices, but cant understand this:(

#10 ·
As I know, if you rip the image file by kornit action, in the black (between 0~100 percent) area, the photoshop action always add some C and M in the image. Sometimes the image are gray, and print out in light purple. So you need to "do it by yourself" to remove the C and M by photoshop.

Why the action add C and M? Because this will make the black color darker on white garment.
In my experience, when I want to print pure black color, I'll add C and M 35~70 percent. But if I want to print gray color, I'll remove C and M by using photoshop.

I am confused by this. I've by i1 and try to solve this problem. If anyone who used i1, please share your experience by using i1 to improve the print result.

#15 ·

thanx for any hints
k.
go into photoshop and set your foreground color to 100% K. Set your background color to 0C , )M, 0Y, 0K. Convert your image to greyscale/ convert it back to CMYK. Select the Layer and run Gradient map (Image/adjustments/gadient map) for converting to true black and white. I think you'll get it!

When you hover over the image you will see only K

#16 ·
yes savage, this is it,thanks!

i´ve tried it with last prints in december,
there was white and 50% K,
and as usually white was white and gray was cmyk composite:)

i talked with my mate and we decide the best way to get this will be give the tees back to them next time and want our money back, that will teach them (how to do this:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.