T-Shirt Forums banner

Same tif file, different media, get different color

[Kornit General] 
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kornittech 
#1 ·
Hi,

I use the same tif file, but use different media(e.g. BlackT545 vs WhiteT545), then print. The color between these 2 prints are different.
Do you have this situation?
If yes, how do you solve this?
And if you use eye one to calibrate it, can you get the same color when use different media?

#3 ·
Hi earllin

This is the common of digital printing technology that we are using. Same media but difference mode or difference media and same printing quality are the both that you cannot might the same result. If you would like to get the same color with difference media; From CMS's concept can got the same result from you print out depend with all of environment, light source, emotion and etc. You can used eye-one to making and helping to simulate difference profile to match with your need.

Cheer.
Theera .bps

#5 ·
Hi,

As far as I know, the media type only controls how much pretreat is being applied and what resolution the file is being printed at.

So if the spray amount is different that can easily account for a difference in color. Check the inside of the shirts, if you see white bleed through then there isn't enough pretreat and the white is sinking. Also, the resolution is determined by how many passes of the the head per lane. So 545x545 will be less passes per lane than 636x636. So less ink and less coverage.

#7 ·
Earlin, are you using the quick p designer? If so have you double checked all of your settings? It is possible that the wrong action is configured to your desired output setup.

I would encourage you to call the Kornit North American office and ask for David. He will be able to log into your system and double check all of your settings. Additionally he is capable of working with you to develop custom linearization’s specific to your printer.

Here are a few things to remember.

At the Machine, the media will contain: name, print head height, substrate thickness, spray amount, and a .lut file. Spray amount can obviously affect color, but more importantly the .lut file is huge in determining how your file looks. The .lut file contains all of the required information to process and rip the file, so resolution, angle, dot, am/fm screening, tone curves, etc... All of these items are located in the .lut file. Choosing the correct .lut for print purpose is a critical step in getting a successful print.

Again I would encourage you to call the office and get in touch with David.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.