T-Shirt Forums banner

HELP - Problems with blk & wht photos - printing purplish

[Kornit 932NDS] 
3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Skinbus 
#1 ·
We are having issues printing black&white photos with our Kornit 932. The t-shirts (white t-shirts) always have either a green or purple hue. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the artwork that is being prepped or the management of the files afterwards in 'QuickP'.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Thank you :)

#2 ·
Do you use QuickP Designer or any Photoshop action? If yes, use photoshop to see the ripped tif file. You can see the black area is composed by C:35, M:35, K:100 or something like these percentage.
Try to add more percentage in C and M channel, you will get more black image after print. If you don't add C and M, you will get a little blue or purple image on the print.
In my experience, if I want to print a black image, I will arise the C and M to 70% in pure black area.
If you want to get a better image, try to use photoshop to adjust the color channel. Don't trust QuickP Designer too much! A kornit engineer told me: "Photoshop can do anything!". QuickP Designer or Photoshop action is just a convenient tool, but not the perfect tool!

#4 ·
u r welcome. you still need use Designer to rip the file. and use photoshop to adjust the ripped tif file to get a better printing result.
in my experience, the red, gray, brown has the same problem. try to adjust the tif file then send it to print. the more you try, you will get more experience! wish you can get better print!:D

#9 ·
hi, its also possible to print (with kornit and quick-p) with only black ink on white t-shirt,or only white ink on black t-shirt?
my t-shirt printer always adds all colors to my black and white pics(BW gradients mostly )..

i have one t-shirt from IF at home (look here: [media]http://www.imaginaryfoundation.com/products/F523B6_fullsize_large.jpg[/media] )

and the white area is pure white(without black or other ink), and blue is C/M i think.

i was thinking i will sent them *.PSD in BW mode next time, but how to make T-Shirt like IF above??

#10 ·
#12 ·
We are having issues printing black&white photos with our Kornit 932. The t-shirts (white t-shirts) always have either a green or purple hue. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the artwork that is being prepped or the management of the files afterwards in 'QuickP'.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Thank you :)
When you print, be sure to set your printer to "black ink only."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.