Printing Help - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper
Discuss the different inkjet transfer papers currently on the market.

Printing Help

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 29th, 2009 Jul 29, 2009 10:16:52 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Printing Help

Hi

After Searching in internet and have a plan to print an image of my 1 year old son on my t-shirt for his next b'day. I have created a image using photoshop 7.0, and the image size is 400*400 pixels Resolution is 72dpi , I want to take a test print on laser printer, but not able to see the image its gets printed only the top to whole page. Can some one suggest how to make the print as it is in the size i have the image from printing, if the test print works then i will do the same in inkjet on transfer paper.

Thanks.
Chandu

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2009 Jul 30, 2009 6:10:10 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,509 Times in 2,227 Posts

Default Re: Printing Help

What size is it printing? What size do you want it? At 72dpi, a 400 X 400pixel image will only print 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 inches .

Old July 30th, 2009 Jul 30, 2009 7:00:27 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi
The original size of the picture was 2592*1944 pixels at 72dpi, i reduced the size to 400*400 pixels 72pdi,
When i try to make a test print i get it printed as a full page and that to its only a part getting printed. I want to have the 400*400 Size (Aprox 15 *12 cms) .

so that i can confirm that it prints good and then can do the same on transfer paper.

Thanks

Old July 30th, 2009 Jul 30, 2009 2:26:15 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,130 Times in 837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandusingh.dba
Hi
The original size of the picture was 2592*1944 pixels at 72dpi, i reduced the size to 400*400 pixels 72pdi,
When i try to make a test print i get it printed as a full page and that to its only a part getting printed. I want to have the 400*400 Size (Aprox 15 *12 cms) .

so that i can confirm that it prints good and then can do the same on transfer paper.

Thanks
400 X 400 pixels should print in a 8.5 X 11 paper. Double check the unit. Make sure it is in pixels and not cm. or inch. You can print preview to see what is going to be printed. Uncheck the box that says fit to page. If the image does not fit the preview window then chances are the unit is not in pixels.

This is a discussion about Printing Help that was posted in the Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in