[JPSS - Jet-Pro SofStretch] Please help me!!! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper
Discuss the different inkjet transfer papers currently on the market.

[JPSS - Jet-Pro SofStretch] Please help me!!!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 5:32:50 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kayla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Please help me!!!

I hate using this stuff, but sometimes I just have to. I just started using this, and I'm working with the dark transfer, I understand I need to pull the image off to heat press on. There has GOT to be an easier way. When I pull it off the image just rolls up and then I end up pressing it with a piece folded in. I am using a print then cut so I dont need to worry about any background "noise" as it cuts the image perfectly. But again with that said, I am printing words and there is NO WAY to get the letters straight on the shirt without everything rolling.

Is there a way to make this easier???? I am printing on a bubble gum pink shirt and want just my image and words. I tried the light transfer since its not really a dark shirt but it looks horrible.

I have wasted so much time and money (that I'm not making on this shirt) but its for a birthday and the party will be huge to get my name out there so I want the quality to be TIP TOP!

How can i do this????? please help me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 5:48:21 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Amw
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Marsha & Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Please help me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNull
I hate using this stuff, but sometimes I just have to. I just started using this, and I'm working with the dark transfer, I understand I need to pull the image off to heat press on. There has GOT to be an easier way. When I pull it off the image just rolls up and then I end up pressing it with a piece folded in. I am using a print then cut so I dont need to worry about any background "noise" as it cuts the image perfectly. But again with that said, I am printing words and there is NO WAY to get the letters straight on the shirt without everything rolling.

Is there a way to make this easier???? I am printing on a bubble gum pink shirt and want just my image and words. I tried the light transfer since its not really a dark shirt but it looks horrible.

I have wasted so much time and money (that I'm not making on this shirt) but its for a birthday and the party will be huge to get my name out there so I want the quality to be TIP TOP!

How can i do this????? please help me!
You need to use a film that can be masked after cutting. This will keep all your letters/etc. flat, stay registered and not curl. I cant offer what to use as we would do this on a solvent printer on heat transfer film, then contour cut the design, then mask, press it on the shirt and peel the mask off.

Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 6:20:59 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amw
You need to use a film that can be masked after cutting. This will keep all your letters/etc. flat, stay registered and not curl. I cant offer what to use as we would do this on a solvent printer on heat transfer film, then contour cut the design, then mask, press it on the shirt and peel the mask off.
This is my first time using this brand. As I said I hate using it, I normally just layer a ton of vinyl, but I cant with the image that I am using. I cant get the colors to break apart enough.

Shouldnt it have come with the transfer paper/tape? I went to use an old plastic transfer from vinyl, but it just pulled the color off with the stickiness when I pulled it off.

Also I am working with an Epson WF-2630 and the colors come out faded, but it is pigment ink. Any thoughts on that?
Thanks
!!

Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 6:42:57 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Amw
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Marsha & Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNull
This is my first time using this brand. As I said I hate using it, I normally just layer a ton of vinyl, but I cant with the image that I am using. I cant get the colors to break apart enough.

Shouldnt it have come with the transfer paper/tape? I went to use an old plastic transfer from vinyl, but it just pulled the color off with the stickiness when I pulled it off.

Also I am working with an Epson WF-2630 and the colors come out faded, but it is pigment ink. Any thoughts on that?
Thanks
!!
No it would not come with the tape.

As for the color... Is the print faded right out of the printer or after pressing? If you print the same image on plain paper does it come out faded as well?

Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 7:28:55 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amw
No it would not come with the tape.

As for the color... Is the print faded right out of the printer or after pressing? If you print the same image on plain paper does it come out faded as well?
It fades after I print it. When i print on regular paper it comes out faded, but on the HTV it comes out nice and vibrant, then changes after its been pressed.

Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 10:09:18 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward

jpss is for lights only, are you talking about 3G opaque or another type of dark transfer?

it's hard to follow what exactly you are doing or asking, then you mention printed htv in your last post
so, are you using an eco-solvent printer and trying to match it to the inkjet?

you are going to have to let the printed image sit for quite awhile for the ink to dry before you throw a very sticky carrier sheet on it
you probably need a low-tack transfer tape,
here's a vid with some info

Old November 16th, 2017 Nov 16, 2017 11:50:04 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Ziggy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

And from the same company that made the video that Edward linked, here's the video for JPSS. They are not masking it, just bringing it straight from the printer to the garment. So perhaps we're mixing techniques from different products.

This is a discussion about Please help me!!! that was posted in the Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in