Best Ink Jet paper for black shirts...if you just have to do it - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper
Discuss the different inkjet transfer papers currently on the market.

Best Ink Jet paper for black shirts...if you just have to do it

Like Tree12Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 15th, 2016 Oct 15, 2016 10:06:40 AM -   #31 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Default Re: Best Ink Jet paper for black shirts...if you just have to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudors
@mgparrish The inkjet Dark that I tried on 100% Gildan did what you said, the shirt colour came through in this case black, and also the colours run after one wash, I did save on a shirt though because the transfer actually peeled off. Are there any basic solvent printers for purchase? It would be nice just to buy one of those and use regular vinyl for a poor mans print and cut , all the other stuff seems no good for commercial use, I still cannot understand why we don't have a proper sublimatable Vinyl which is as good as regular print and cut, I mean you use a cutter on regular garment Vinyl it's there for life. For the record apart from it being RBG black the OKI 711WT that I had wasn't bad at all using the forever brand for darks, I have a shirt on now that is just starting to crack but it has had many washes, not the best feel to it though.
As I mentioned so far I'm getting good results with Jet Opaque ll. It is heavy though. I think eco solv and vinyl would be the best solution. But you are into thousands of dollars even for the printer without a cutter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 24th, 2017 Dec 24, 2017 11:28:17 AM -   #32 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

@mgparrish

any updates on the jet opaque II?
any tips/tricks you've stumbled upon?

i am going to re-visit this paper with some new designs,
and see if i can get better/more consistent contour cuts with my new zing

thanks for all the knowledge you share, i have learned much

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Old December 25th, 2017 Dec 25, 2017 6:45:37 AM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
@mgparrish

any updates on the jet opaque II?
any tips/tricks you've stumbled upon?

i am going to re-visit this paper with some new designs,
and see if i can get better/more consistent contour cuts with my new zing

thanks for all the knowledge you share, i have learned much

Merry Christmas to you and yours
Merry Christmas

No tricks really. It images nice and is easy to use.

The hand is there but I use the heaviest weight 100% cotton tshirts so the hand isn't noticed as bad wearing the tshirt.

I haven't tried using my vinyl cutter for it yet, just a manual paper cutter.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgparrish For This Useful Post:
into the T (January 9th, 2018)

Old April 25th, 2019 Apr 25, 2019 11:49:26 PM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Santos
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

3G Opaque - We print hundreds of shirts on this stuff - RIP shirts birthday shirts - I tell my customers its can last 5-20 washes it all depends on how you treat the garment. That they are meant for a one time use. But I have done some for my self that lasted over 20 washes. I actually like how it looks when it cracks LOL It actually looks really nice when it gets cracked really bad. Gives it that vintage look.

One thing to make sure is put a lot of pressure. We press everything we do with inkjet transfers twice.
Good luck
PatWibble likes this.

Old May 28th, 2019 May 28, 2019 8:54:30 AM -   #35 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have been seeing good reviews of the Starcraft for darks but haven't tried it myself. I have used the Starcraft adhesive on ceramic and it looks great. It's very thin and Cricut people are having issues cutting it too deeply because they don't change their settings so then they have trouble peeling it off the backing paper.

This is a discussion about Best Ink Jet paper for black shirts...if you just have to do it that was posted in the Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in