Dye Ink Vs Pigment ink - Heat transfers - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper
Discuss the different inkjet transfer papers currently on the market.

Dye Ink Vs Pigment ink - Heat transfers

Like Tree37Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 11th, 2017 Apr 11, 2017 1:43:55 PM -   #31 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Default Re: Dye Ink Vs Pigment ink - Heat transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsgraphics
I print my own full color heat presses (not trying to push my business btw )
My opinion is that they are garbage..

I've been printing full color transfers on my wide format printer for about 10 years now. I've tried all the materials available and they all feel the same, Like a giant piece of melted plastic! ha.

I always try and talk my customers into something else because they all eventually lift or wrinkle (if on a garment that shrinks at all). That's actually what lead me to looking into sub-dye and dtg options.
I'm also curious why you mentioned in another post in the heat transfer section (Best budget printer for heat transfer 2016) that you picked up a WF7610, if these are all garbage why would you buy a printer to make them? Unless I'm mistaken and you only want it for hard copy output?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2017 Apr 12, 2017 6:58:28 AM -   #32 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: matt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

@mgparrish.. I think you misunderstood my message. I was referring to the full color prints that come off my wide format printer onto vinyl. Materials like "Colorprint" and wensco's house brand "Alpha". These aren't papers but a vinyl that I run through my eco-sol printer, contour cut in my cutter, weed, then mask with transfer tape before heat pressing them on. I've sold hundreds and hundreds of one-off t-shirts for customers over the last 10 years and sometimes am asked to press the design onto a customer supplied garment, Those were the garments that I was mentioning shrink, I learned quite quickly not to use the shirts that do, haha.

I'm just getting into the sub-dye and pigment printing onto the JPSS, mainly because of how much I dislike the vinyl feel and cost. I just picked up a wf 7610 yesterday

On a side note Mgparrish.. I was reading through these forums the last couple days trying to learn what I needed to buy to get into this type of technology, and I have to admit, your posts were definitely some of the most helpful.. This board is truly grateful to have you , and others like you, to share your vast wisdom and experience.. So thank you!!

Old April 12th, 2017 Apr 12, 2017 7:38:25 AM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
@mgparrish.. I think you misunderstood my message. I was referring to the full color prints that come off my wide format printer onto vinyl. Materials like "Colorprint" and wensco's house brand "Alpha". These aren't papers but a vinyl that I run through my eco-sol printer, contour cut in my cutter, weed, then mask with transfer tape before heat pressing them on. I've sold hundreds and hundreds of one-off t-shirts for customers over the last 10 years and sometimes am asked to press the design onto a customer supplied garment, Those were the garments that I was mentioning shrink, I learned quite quickly not to use the shirts that do, haha.

I'm just getting into the sub-dye and pigment printing onto the JPSS, mainly because of how much I dislike the vinyl feel and cost. I just picked up a wf 7610 yesterday

On a side note Mgparrish.. I was reading through these forums the last couple days trying to learn what I needed to buy to get into this type of technology, and I have to admit, your posts were definitely some of the most helpful.. This board is truly grateful to have you , and others like you, to share your vast wisdom and experience.. So thank you!!
I was wondering what was going on LOL. You didn't mention vinyl or eco-solv in your post and the section is for inkjet transfer paper. so I guess I should have had you clarify more.

Old April 12th, 2017 Apr 12, 2017 7:51:03 AM -   #34 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:

It is interesting about what you mention about vinyl and eco-solv ...

I only have a vinyl cutter and not a eco-solv printer so I can't speak to it with any actual experience.

Again as I say I lack experience with eco-solv I was actually under the impression the cut and print with eco-solv printed vinyl would be better quality that inkjet opaque heat transfer paper. This is only based on what some others have posted here through the years that I have read.

What printer are you using for eco solv?

Old April 14th, 2017 Apr 14, 2017 2:18:54 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: matt

Sorry mgparrish, was out of commission there for a few days.

Out of the printable vinyl heat press materials that are out there, I use Fibron or Specialty materials "color print" the most. Picture a run of the mill standard balloon before you blow it up.. That's the feel of the material if you were to peel it off the liner, it's not much different of a feel than the regular heat press stuff really.
For small chest logos or letters, it's ok, but as soon as you get into like a full picture or some thing... blahh. lol. If you click on my facebook link under my name, you can see a few of the shirts i put up in my old shop page.

I use a mutoh printer for my wide format eco-sol stuff.
mgparrish likes this.

Old April 14th, 2017 Apr 14, 2017 2:39:25 PM -   #36 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Sorry mgparrish, was out of commission there for a few days.

Out of the printable vinyl heat press materials that are out there, I use Fibron or Specialty materials "color print" the most. Picture a run of the mill standard balloon before you blow it up.. That's the feel of the material if you were to peel it off the liner, it's not much different of a feel than the regular heat press stuff really.
For small chest logos or letters, it's ok, but as soon as you get into like a full picture or some thing... blahh. lol. If you click on my facebook link under my name, you can see a few of the shirts i put up in my old shop page.

I use a mutoh printer for my wide format eco-sol stuff.
Good info, thx

Old September 18th, 2018 Sep 18, 2018 7:43:35 PM -   #37 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have done hundreds and hundred in the last 25 years for the Peewee sports teams and families and our ISD. I too feel the same way. They look awesome and are okay for people you know but after a few washes they are crap. I do have some sweatshirts that are 20 years old and still look good done with just an inkjet printer and transfer paper, but that is out of the ordinary. lol I too tell my customers i do Cricut tees for that want transfer added to them what is going to happen.

Old September 28th, 2018 Sep 28, 2018 8:58:07 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgparrish
I marked up in your questions above. I have sold thousands of inkjet transfer t-shirts.
Dear,
You should write a book. Your domain of this subject is incredible. Thank you very much for sharing all this information with us!!! Before your notes I have been more than one month trying to figure out what's the way to go, but your words just made me confident!! Thank you very much!!

Old September 29th, 2018 Sep 29, 2018 10:42:02 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Just friendly & helpful

I have a epson wf7610 and use Jpss and 3G opaque. Never have an issue an they both feel fine on the shirt when pressed. Nobody has complained and i have tested wash and print life so far at 15 washes and they look like new still.

Old November 19th, 2018 Nov 19, 2018 8:29:49 PM -   #40 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I would refer that you use pigmented inks due to the fact that they last longer, and are water resistant. Moreover, the pigmented inks which are produced by name brand manufacturers like JD INDUSTRIAL LIMITED are not just fade resistant but delivers premium quality prints with long lasting results.

This is a discussion about Dye Ink Vs Pigment ink - Heat transfers that was posted in the Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in