3g jet opaque washing problems - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper
Discuss the different inkjet transfer papers currently on the market.

3g jet opaque washing problems

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2012 Oct 21, 2012 2:42:00 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default 3g jet opaque washing problems

Hi, new to the forums and have searched for my answer but still unsure. i own a gifts business and have just started to do tshirts and hoodies.. ive got the JPSS and lights to be perfect even after washing but i just cannot get the same with the darks and 3g jet opaque. what settings does everybody use on the heatpress? im using an inkjet epson rx585 and my heat press. it pressed fine and looked good but as soon as it was washing it crinkled, peeled and had creases all through it. what can i do to help this? i pressed for 25 seconds with teflon at 175 degrees c, peeled after 20 seconds and then repressed with parchment for 7 secs then peeled cold. any help?
also while im posting do you guys have any special techniques for hooded sweatshirts or should i just press the same as tshirt? thank you x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2012 Oct 25, 2012 5:05:05 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Austin

Default Re: 3g jet opaque washing problems

from my limited reading I don't think your pressing at the right temp. 175 seems real low to me. Should be more like 350.

Unless I've read wrong.

Also I heard people wait 24hours to wash their shirts for 1st time. Are you waiting?

Are you using Pigment ink in your printer?

Old October 25th, 2012 Oct 25, 2012 6:08:37 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,130 Times in 837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxctech
from my limited reading I don't think your pressing at the right temp. 175 seems real low to me. Should be more like 350.

Unless I've read wrong.

Also I heard people wait 24hours to wash their shirts for 1st time. Are you waiting?

Are you using Pigment ink in your printer?
The OP said 175C meaning it is in centigrade. When converted 175C is equivalent to 347 Fahrenheit which is close to 350F.

Old October 25th, 2012 Oct 25, 2012 6:11:15 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnfortun
The OP said 175C meaning it is in centigrade. When converted 175C is equivalent to 347 Fahrenheit which is close to 350F.

DOH!! Okay missed that. I thought everyone refrenced in Fahrenheit here. I know all my presses read out Fheit.

Okay using pigment ink and waiting to wash?

Old October 26th, 2012 Oct 26, 2012 3:10:30 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Try 200 degrees celcius. That's what i do and they come out fine......most of the time.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using T-Shirt Forums

Old October 26th, 2012 Oct 26, 2012 1:04:09 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

How are you washing it? I do inside out cold water, low temp in dryer & they come out fine.

Old October 27th, 2012 Oct 27, 2012 3:35:57 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kate

yeah i'm waiting 24 hours, the crinkles pretty much came out when i ironed it but still have a couple of edges peeling. i washed it as i would normally wash a shirt as i felt thats how my customers will wash so just normal 40c wash! using dye ink but cant change over to pigment at the moment, the jpss ones are perfectly fine with that ink so wasnt sure if it was just a temperature of timing thing with the peeling. thanks all

Old June 1st, 2013 Jun 1, 2013 8:41:49 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

need help for this one..i use 3g jet opaque transfer paper in black shirt(blue corner shirt if anyone knows of that)procedure i did was press for 5 sec.with teflon on top of the shirt,then press with teflon sheet again on top of shirt my temp/time is 165C/20 sec and repress for 10 sec with again teflon..it looks good even if my cutting isn't that good,i wait for not 24 hours but i think 15 hrs before i wash.I do wash it four consecutive times and then i notice it fades with some wrinkles on some parts.

Old June 1st, 2013 Jun 1, 2013 9:44:46 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLTEES
need help for this one..i use 3g jet opaque transfer paper in black shirt(blue corner shirt if anyone knows of that)procedure i did was press for 5 sec.with teflon on top of the shirt,then press with teflon sheet again on top of shirt my temp/time is 165C/20 sec and repress for 10 sec with again teflon..it looks good even if my cutting isn't that good,i wait for not 24 hours but i think 15 hrs before i wash.I do wash it four consecutive times and then i notice it fades with some wrinkles on some parts.
Fading will happen especially with dye ink but generally mine hold up well after a number of washes. Do u cut by hand? That's what i do as i cant afford a cutter. I generally use the same colour around any text as the shirt.

Old June 1st, 2013 Jun 1, 2013 10:40:50 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt Tees
Fading will happen especially with dye ink but generally mine hold up well after a number of washes. Do u cut by hand? That's what i do as i cant afford a cutter. I generally use the same colour around any text as the shirt.

but i uses pigment inks and yeah i self cut,oh before i forgot i press on the back of the shirt because there is already an image on the front with the same size before i press it coz i just make it as a sample,then i wash it inside out and the 2 designs colliding(dont know the word..lol) in each other in washing machine and rinsing it..what do you think on my procedure?any recommendations on temp and time?..
SORRY BAD ENGLISH

Old June 2nd, 2013 Jun 2, 2013 5:12:00 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Try 200 celcius for 30 seconds. Let cool down. Stretch tshirt a few times then repress for 8 seconds. That's the procedure i use.

Old June 2nd, 2013 Jun 2, 2013 4:24:39 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Red face Re: 3g jet opaque washing problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt Tees
Try 200 celcius for 30 seconds. Let cool down. Stretch tshirt a few times then repress for 8 seconds. That's the procedure i use.

thats the suppliers recommend to me...but on the 1st sample i use some edges lift and some not sticking..but it has a good feeling sort of a rubberize not that plasticky or kind of sticker and also its heavier..i try it this time.thanks though..

This is a discussion about 3g jet opaque washing problems that was posted in the Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in