Purple Line Transfer paper Problems anyone ? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper
Discuss the different inkjet transfer papers currently on the market.

Purple Line Transfer paper Problems anyone ?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 13th, 2010 Mar 13, 2010 6:47:33 AM -   #1 (permalink)
jge
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Purple Line Transfer paper Problems anyone ?

Has anyone recently had problems with Purple Line transfer paper from Cooler Concepts / Nucoat ?

We purchased 12,500 sheets of their purple line cold peel inkjet paper for light fabrics (S419RFT), and right away found that this paper was NOT the same as what we have previously purchased from them.

This paper has a thicker coating, and when transferring, comes out much like a opaque transfer would (with a lot of white background). If we try to use it as an opaque paper, and peel it off the backing paper and then apply to the shirt, then the white "melts" and the coating becomes transparent.

It's almost as though the coating was applied in reverse on the paper.

When contacting Cooler Concepts / Nucoat, we were advised to courier them some samples of the new paper received and the previous lot (which was fine). Upon receipt of this paper, they 1st told us that if we bought all our paper from them (which we don't), we wouldn't get confused between papers (wonderful after sales service), and then told us that there is no way that the paper we received from them, could ever have been shipped by them, as they don't have any such paper with this odd coating.

Their paper has the same purple line, the same packaging, the same shipping labels, but they have no idea where this paper (that was shipped from them) came from.

Now they will only accept a return of paper in an unopened box (so much for trust), which they will analyze and give me their verdict.

Has anyone else had any issues like this with this company ?

I've been buying transfer papers for more than a decade, and never had such a response from a supplier.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2010 Mar 15, 2010 6:21:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Michelle

Smile Re: Purple Line Transfer paper Problems anyone ?

I have been working with different transfer papers for years. Please give me a call and I'll be glad to help. Michelle @ 251-633-5704. There are some really good papers out there for both laser and ink jet. Just depends on what you are doing.

Old October 15th, 2019 Oct 15, 2019 3:50:52 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Christopher

Cool Re: Purple Line Transfer paper Problems anyone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jge
Has anyone recently had problems with Purple Line transfer paper from Cooler Concepts / Nucoat ?

We purchased 12,500 sheets of their purple line cold peel inkjet paper for light fabrics (S419RFT), and right away found that this paper was NOT the same as what we have previously purchased from them.

This paper has a thicker coating, and when transferring, comes out much like a opaque transfer would (with a lot of white background). If we try to use it as an opaque paper, and peel it off the backing paper and then apply to the shirt, then the white "melts" and the coating becomes transparent.

It's almost as though the coating was applied in reverse on the paper.

When contacting Cooler Concepts / Nucoat, we were advised to courier them some samples of the new paper received and the previous lot (which was fine). Upon receipt of this paper, they 1st told us that if we bought all our paper from them (which we don't), we wouldn't get confused between papers (wonderful after sales service), and then told us that there is no way that the paper we received from them, could ever have been shipped by them, as they don't have any such paper with this odd coating.

Their paper has the same purple line, the same packaging, the same shipping labels, but they have no idea where this paper (that was shipped from them) came from.

Now they will only accept a return of paper in an unopened box (so much for trust), which they will analyze and give me their verdict.

Has anyone else had any issues like this with this company ?

I've been buying transfer papers for more than a decade, and never had such a response from a supplier.
I switched from Neenah soft stretch "garbage" to the gold seal purple line and love it once I lift the heat press up I bet I could blow that cover sheet off the transfer I love this stuff, and it does come off thick after that first cycle of heat and stretch the fabric I ll heat it back up in the heat press for prolly 3 to 5 seconds longer than i would with other transfer paper.

I would for sure buy a temp gun to me sounds like the machines not hot enough. I really think this **** rocks along with the red grid for lite's.

my only question is Neenah also in theory make a purple line and again in theory it felt awfully similar if not the same, So, are they the same?
I also get a purple line one finishes up with a hi gloss hi def glitter look

anyways that,s my 2 cents

BTW I'm Chris SexSoberSucks Live and in person Peace!

This is a discussion about Purple Line Transfer paper Problems anyone ? that was posted in the Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in