Pro World? HPN or something else entirely? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Heat Presses - Equipment
Discuss the different brands and sizes of heat presses available on the market, including Hix, GeoKnight, Hotronix, and other smaller manufacturers. Topics include maintenance, selection, styles and more.

Pro World? HPN or something else entirely?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2020 May 3, 2020 8:05:45 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone! Looking for a heat press! I’ve been in the ‘iron on HTV using the silhouette’ camp for years and looking to get a heat press and begin transfers. Researching a lot and want advice. Is Pro World a good way to go or better off with Heat Press Nation?? Prices seem better on Pro World but HPN customer service seems more widely known (?? in my limited research so I may be quite wrong).

I was going to get the TransPro 15x15 along with the 3in1 mug press on Pro World. But my husband is interested in the hat press included with the 5in1 Heat Press Nation Signature Series. It’s a $200 difference and I did see some videos on printing hats without the hat press (we would not be making many). I’m not sure it’s worth it for the additional cost but I’m ignorant of so much in this arena that I come to all of you for advice. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2020 May 3, 2020 4:57:13 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Pro World? HPN or something else entirely?

i would be leery of those 8-in-1 type presses

proworlded is a member here and answers questions and the reviews are good on the transpro
send him a pm and tell him what you are looking at for some advice

i would get the press and the mug press and either save up for the cap press or keep an eye out for a used

in the mean time look at getting a new quick htv for the caps (4sec press time) and use some heat transfer tape to hold the design down
i have a cap press, but no mug press
try using the curved element of the mug-press with an oven-mitt on the inside to press the cap against the heating element
if that does not work try the same procedure on the heatpress
with either method, don't exceed the recommended temp and try not to move the design around,
just press in one place, remove from platen, move to the next, etc. till it is complete
then peel, cover with parchment (taped again with heat transfer tape) and do the same procedure again

The Following User Says Thank You to into the T For This Useful Post:
Laurabeth128 (May 3rd, 2020)
Old May 3rd, 2020 May 3, 2020 5:59:09 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,308 Times in 1,075 Posts

Personally I like the heat presses from Stahls.

Old May 3rd, 2020 May 3, 2020 7:45:39 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Great advice here. I didn't even consider trying cap in the mug press but might be a great solution. And will look for the 4 sec htv. Thank you!

Old May 3rd, 2020 May 3, 2020 7:47:24 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki
Personally I like the heat presses from Stahls.
I really love the fact that they are made in the US! But disappointed that the craft press is the only one within my price range. I'm afraid 9x12 will be too small. The 15x15s are a bit too expensive for me right now.

Old May 3rd, 2020 May 3, 2020 8:19:07 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

check this vid for ideas/inspiration

for quick vinyl check below (all are available in the usa/canada/europe, the first two listed are made by poli-tape in germany here)

thermoflex turbo (proworld carries thermoflex plus, which is great for tee's/hoodies, but does not seem to carry the turbo)
joto one-4-all
sef flexcut x4
chemica quickflex (proworld carries this)

Last edited by into the T; May 3rd, 2020 at 08:29 PM..

This is a discussion about Pro World? HPN or something else entirely? that was posted in the Heat Presses - Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in