16"x24" Format Heat Presses? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Heat Presses - Equipment
Discuss the different brands and sizes of heat presses available on the market, including Hix, GeoKnight, Hotronix, and other smaller manufacturers. Topics include maintenance, selection, styles and more.

16"x24" Format Heat Presses?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Jun 10, 2019 12:52:27 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question 16"x24" Format Heat Presses?

Hello all,
I am used to doing 1-color all-over screen printing with water-based ink and 1-color plastisol prints at 16x24 size for my shirt business, as I like to fill whole shirts with designs.

I went to ISS Houston this past weekend and met some people who can manufacture 16x24 size, 4-color graphics in a plastisol heat transfer format. This is a very attractive prospect to me since it means I wouldn't have to have ink, a 4-color (or 5 for white underbase) printing press, etc. Plus I have no space in my apartment for that kind of operation.

Can someone point me in the direction of a good but cheap 16x24" or thereabouts size press? 16"x20" is too small as I print all the way down the front and back of shirts. I've noticed there is a large divide in pricing... I don't want to buy cheapo junk from nameless Chinese sellers, but don't want to drop $2,650 on a Hix 20"x25" press just yet. Is there a healthy medium?

Thanks!

Example of something similar to what I'm looking to do below:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/data:i...EEREWwiIg//9k=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago Jun 10, 2019 7:31:26 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: 16"x24" Format Heat Presses?

I think the 32x40 Joto is the smallest big heat press I have seen that comes from a non rando Alibaba company.

I think it is around 8K (CAD?)

Old 6 Days Ago Jun 10, 2019 7:35:58 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Thanked 1,222 Times in 994 Posts

You can't press the size of the press, you need to subtract an inch in each direction. It will be to cold on the outside to press.

Old 6 Days Ago Jun 11, 2019 6:19:21 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Possibly the best of the inexpensive presses...I wouldn't know though, I been using the same 16" x 20" Hix presses for the past 15 years - Information below copied from Vinyl Systems.com website
HPN™ Black Series™ 16" x 24" High Pressure Heat Press Machine $609.95
ALL OF OUR HEAT PRESSES CARRY INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTIES AND OUR UNCONDITIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT! Heat Press Style: Clamshell 16 x 24 Baked on, Non-Stick Coated Heat Platen Gauge Reading: Fahrenheit or Celsius degree measure Digital Temperature Control Digital Automatic Timer Voltage: 110V-120V Maximum Temperature: 400ş F Time Range: 0-255 Seconds Hix is my first choice Geo Knight is my second Speaking from 45+ years of decorating experience... Good Luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to gulfsidebill For This Useful Post:
InevitableDesign (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago Jun 11, 2019 1:22:01 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfsidebill
Possibly the best of the inexpensive presses...I wouldn't know though, I been using the same 16" x 20" Hix presses for the past 15 years - Information below copied from Vinyl Systems.com website
HPN™ Black Series™ 16" x 24" High Pressure Heat Press Machine $609.95
ALL OF OUR HEAT PRESSES CARRY INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTIES AND OUR UNCONDITIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT! Heat Press Style: Clamshell 16 x 24 Baked on, Non-Stick Coated Heat Platen Gauge Reading: Fahrenheit or Celsius degree measure Digital Temperature Control Digital Automatic Timer Voltage: 110V-120V Maximum Temperature: 400ş F Time Range: 0-255 Seconds Hix is my first choice Geo Knight is my second Speaking from 45+ years of decorating experience... Good Luck!
Wow, that is an incredible amount of experience! I am not worthy.

Have you had experience putting a graphic on a shirt (or something else) that is longer than your 16x20 Hix heat press? Could I potentially just press the 16x20 area and then move the shirt down and press the area that didn't fit??? Maybe that is the easier/cheaper solution...

I would love to hear your input.

Old 6 Days Ago Jun 11, 2019 1:23:21 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki
You can't press the size of the press, you need to subtract an inch in each direction. It will be to cold on the outside to press.
I am aware of this, but thank you . I use 16x24 screens as well so I guess I'm not TECHNICALLY getting the full 16x24 area printed, either. Definitely an inch less in both directions.

Old 5 Days Ago Jun 11, 2019 9:55:46 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Emilio

I have been very happy with my Stahl's Hotronix 16" x 20" heat press. They do make larger ones too, such as 20" x 25" -- which would probably be ideal for you. Check it out at:

https://www.proworldinc.com/heat-tra...eat-press.html

This is a discussion about 16"x24" Format Heat Presses? that was posted in the Heat Presses - Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in