Galaxy heat press?? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Heat Presses - Equipment
Discuss the different brands and sizes of heat presses available on the market, including Hix, GeoKnight, Hotronix, and other smaller manufacturers. Topics include maintenance, selection, styles and more.

Galaxy heat press??

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 11th, 2018 Sep 11, 2018 12:56:19 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Galaxy heat press??

Pat, thanks for the link, I did contact the guy selling it but sadly he wasn't very helpful, said he was far to busy! I couldn't get to leeds to pick it up and he wasn't willing to courier it to me, never mind.

I went with the Maxx press in the end, got written proof from the company I purchased it from that said that I can send it back to base in the uk should it need any attention, plus they also stock the spares, should I need any thing for it.

Only used it twice but loving it already, just want to vinyl every bit of clothing in sight with it ha ha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2020 Feb 28, 2020 11:40:59 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Galaxy Heat Presses are actually very good. Best buy for the money. Solid build, easy to press, different lower platens...No jumping vibration on auto open, slider for lower platen...

Company is growing, their machines are better and better ...

Old February 28th, 2020 Feb 28, 2020 2:43:46 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jackie

I would think about Sthals heat press (several models) and the good thing is that you can purchase additional platens of various sizes.

Old February 28th, 2020 Feb 28, 2020 5:24:39 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Stahls is Stahls, I just wanted to say that Galaxy is Best I saw from China.

Btw, how to artach photo here? i am using android phone and I can't see any option for adding photos.

Old May 19th, 2020 May 19, 2020 4:28:34 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ray

Not to hijack the thread but I just picked up the stahls maxx 16x20. I was under the impression that the opening was 10% wider than others on the market. Seems the opening is 10% smaller than what I was using. I almost have to bend down to run a shirt all the way up the platen. Is the the norm for this press. I love how it presses, just not too keen on the small amount of space between the platen and heating element.

Old May 19th, 2020 May 19, 2020 4:28:57 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Not to hijack the thread but I just picked up the stahls maxx 16x20. I was under the impression that the opening was 10% wider than others on the market. Seems the opening is 10% smaller than what I was using. I almost have to bend down to run a shirt all the way up the platen. Is the the norm for this press. I love how it presses, just not too keen on the small amount of space between the platen and heating element.

Old May 19th, 2020 May 19, 2020 4:29:14 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Old May 19th, 2020 May 19, 2020 9:45:40 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayIrizarry
maybe they should rename it 'stahls minn'

i definitely prefer swing-aways if you have the room
PatWibble likes this.

Old May 20th, 2020 May 20, 2020 1:48:34 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayIrizarry
I almost have to bend down to run a shirt all the way up the platen.

Learn to limbo dance.

If you place the press on a bench with nothing underneath you will be able to limbo your torso and legs under the bench. That will give your upper body and arms easy access, and your head will be at eyelevel with the platen, giving you a perfect view.

Limbo dancing can be a rewarding and unusual hobby. Maybe even a business opportunity, if you fancy entering showbiz.
into the T likes this.

This is a discussion about Galaxy heat press?? that was posted in the Heat Presses - Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in