DTG Heat Press - Platen Bra Questions - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Heat Presses - Equipment
Discuss the different brands and sizes of heat presses available on the market, including Hix, GeoKnight, Hotronix, and other smaller manufacturers. Topics include maintenance, selection, styles and more.

DTG Heat Press - Platen Bra Questions

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 10th, 2017 Sep 10, 2017 7:13:35 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DTG Heat Press - Platen Bra Questions

Hi all-

I can't seem to find any information on whether the process for curing changes with the addition of an upper platen cover. Specifically:

- Does the cover cause a temperature difference or does it transfer heat at a temperature similar to having no cover

- I also installed a lower platen cover to make it easier to slide the garments on, but I notice a ton of condensation on the bottom after curing. Has anyone experienced this and is it an issue?

- I assume everyone still uses a curing sheet on top regardless of the addition of the cover, and will this lower temperature even further?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2020 Mar 18, 2020 8:20:23 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Austin

Default Re: DTG Heat Press - Platen Bra Questions

sswemb, I just got my covers(top & bottom) in yesterday and will be testing them out in a couple of weeks when my pretreat machine comes in. Are you still DTG-ing? What machine do you have and how are things going if so?

Old March 18th, 2020 Mar 18, 2020 9:07:49 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

I have used a top and bottom cover for years, so to answer your question yes sometimes it effects the heat a bit (but not always, always use a temp gun or heat probe on your press in general lots of times the temp you put is different than the temp you get!) the bottom cover will some times have condensation on the bottom if you are heat pressing pretreat and did not dry it 100% and certain inks will leave an oily residue as well that can get absorbed into your shirt either way just wipe it off.

Old March 18th, 2020 Mar 18, 2020 9:38:34 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,308 Times in 1,075 Posts

We have done it both ways and never saw a difference.

This is a discussion about DTG Heat Press - Platen Bra Questions that was posted in the Heat Presses - Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in