Which heat press machine is better? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Heat Presses - Equipment
Discuss the different brands and sizes of heat presses available on the market, including Hix, GeoKnight, Hotronix, and other smaller manufacturers. Topics include maintenance, selection, styles and more.

Which heat press machine is better?

Like Tree12Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 6th, 2017 Aug 6, 2017 9:46:12 AM -   #16 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,106 Posts

Default Re: Which heat press machine is better?

I do not disagree with the quality of the GeoKnight, Hotronix, and Hix machines. I do disagree with the thinking that all imported heat presses from overseas are below standard without using any of them. We have been selling both for many years and have sold thousands and continue to get 5 star reviews for both. Not everyone has the budget for the domestic heat presses. And most important is to purchase from a company that stands behind the product and offers superior customer service. Just check out who is selling the imports to make sure they are truly in our industry or just selling machines along with hair dryers, barbecues, toasters, etc. The cheapest price is not always the least expensive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2017 Aug 6, 2017 10:26:48 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Tim
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi Ed,

Does ProWorld have any plans for a cost effective machine that has replaceable platens to better do specialty work, such as small platens, cap press, or just a removable system so that custom jigs or platens could be made and attached?

Thanks.

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by proworlded
I do not disagree with the quality of the GeoKnight, Hotronix, and Hix machines. I do disagree with the thinking that all imported heat presses from overseas are below standard without using any of them. We have been selling both for many years and have sold thousands and continue to get 5 star reviews for both. Not everyone has the budget for the domestic heat presses. And most important is to purchase from a company that stands behind the product and offers superior customer service. Just check out who is selling the imports to make sure they are truly in our industry or just selling machines along with hair dryers, barbecues, toasters, etc. The cheapest price is not always the least expensive.
Marjeni4353 likes this.

Old August 6th, 2017 Aug 6, 2017 11:09:36 AM -   #18 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

We have tested many but have yet to find one that performs every job satisfactorily. We keep trying.
STPG Press likes this.

Old August 7th, 2017 Aug 7, 2017 12:39:15 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Amw
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Marsha & Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

We have used many other brands...they didn't hold up for us. We make well over 1000 shirts a month per location and replaceable parts make the geo knight presses the best IMO. I am sure SOME of the over seas presses are fine...but EVERY press we have of a US brand has been fine and exceeded our expectations. One of our locations is in some what of a mall, there are about 8 other businesses in there that use heat presses also. The press we brought in there about 8 years ago is still the same one that is being used today. The other vendors in there with the cheaper overseas presses have replaced them multi pal times and 3 have caused large fires in the building. Not to mean they all cause fires!!
We have been in business for over 16 years, we know to buy quality equipment to last a lifetime. If you press shirts for a hobby then by all means I recommend saving your money and getting a cheap press. If this is going to support you and your family (or other peoples family's) then you should spend the money and invest in your business for the long term.
Marjeni4353 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amw For This Useful Post:
Marjeni4353 (August 12th, 2017)
Old August 7th, 2017 Aug 7, 2017 12:47:04 PM -   #20 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Agreed...if you have the money.

Old August 12th, 2017 Aug 12, 2017 10:29:29 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The best machine is comparatively depends and differs from person to person and a lot of things.
Keep reading an article on choosing the best heat press here.

Old December 3rd, 2017 Dec 3, 2017 8:28:23 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hands Down , Stahls have the best heat press. I have the
Hotronix Fusion Heat Press and loving it !!!!

Old December 4th, 2017 Dec 4, 2017 6:55:10 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You should try power press or gecko if you are starting the t shirt business.

Old December 4th, 2017 Dec 4, 2017 8:02:06 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Purchasing the right equipment for your business is a big part of a company’s success. Most DTG business consumers do their research before purchasing their DTGs or Screen Printers, but skimp on the Heat Press. Here are some things you should consider before you go for the lower-end model.
Technical Thursday: How-To Pick Your Heat Press - Omniprint Online
Tunisa likes this.

Old February 9th, 2018 Feb 9, 2018 9:14:11 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amw
We have used many other brands...they didn't hold up for us. We make well over 1000 shirts a month per location and replaceable parts make the geo knight presses the best IMO. I am sure SOME of the over seas presses are fine...but EVERY press we have of a US brand has been fine and exceeded our expectations. One of our locations is in some what of a mall, there are about 8 other businesses in there that use heat presses also. The press we brought in there about 8 years ago is still the same one that is being used today. The other vendors in there with the cheaper overseas presses have replaced them multi pal times and 3 have caused large fires in the building. Not to mean they all cause fires!!
We have been in business for over 16 years, we know to buy quality equipment to last a lifetime. If you press shirts for a hobby then by all means I recommend saving your money and getting a cheap press. If this is going to support you and your family (or other peoples family's) then you should spend the money and invest in your business for the long term.
This is the best advice. If you are needing one for a business than you treat your equipment purchases like an investment. High end equipment will always command a premium because it is better and more quality. The upfront cost is always going to pose a challenge to those starting out but in the long run you will put out less money replacing junk.

That said for the hobbyist or small time, it totally makes sense to have budget constraints. It also makes sense that you wouldn't be looking for the top machine. If you are starting out this best heat press machine guide is one of the better ones out there. Not only does it give choices from some of the better foreign made budget machines but Hottronix is also included (which I use and has served me well). The real gold in my opinion is the guide. It will put you on the right path. That said, I have looked at the Geo Knights for a while now and you have me interested in picking one up.

My two cents...as always, do your research and make a purchase you are confident in.
into the T likes this.

This is a discussion about Which heat press machine is better? that was posted in the Heat Presses - Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in