What is the best heat press for your money - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Heat Presses - Equipment
Discuss the different brands and sizes of heat presses available on the market, including Hix, GeoKnight, Hotronix, and other smaller manufacturers. Topics include maintenance, selection, styles and more.

What is the best heat press for your money

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 8th, 2014 Sep 8, 2014 3:09:46 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What is the best heat press for your money

I have been working with a hotronix fusion press machine for the past 2 years. Hotronix Fusion Heat Press by Stahls 16"x20" - (Full Size Shirt Press) . This one costs $1850+tax.
I have been sublimation printing with this heat press.
Are there other heat press machines (ones that are in the $350-$1000 range) that are just as good, or produce the same quality results for a lower price.
16" x 20" Digital Heat Press Transfer Machines - Top Brands With Top Warranties!
16" x 24" Heat Press Transfer Machines - Top Brands With Top Warranties!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2014 Sep 8, 2014 9:07:26 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default Re: What is the best heat press for your money

I believe it's a gamble. If they were designed as well, and built to the same standards, they would cost near the Hotronix. There is a peace of mind that comes with buying a quality press and it should last for a very long time. If you are looking to add a less expensive second press then maybe a clamshell. Seems like there are more options in the upper range of Chinese presses than a few years ago, maybe they are getting better but I'm not itching to gamble.

Old September 8th, 2014 Sep 8, 2014 10:50:35 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

How bad actually are the ebay ones?. I know this is very low, but my budget is only £130.

They start on ebay at £60, but I'm looking into the more expensive ones at £130.

It comes with 3 years warranty so surely can't be that bad?

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 5:37:17 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Adam

If you want to save money on your next press, I recommend the Stahls Maxx press. You'll have the same quality that you have with your Fusion, but at a lower price. You won't have the same bells and whistles that you have on your Fusion, but it's a solid, well made heat press.

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 8:02:28 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothingPrinting
Do you have to ship the press back and forth on your dime to collect on the warranty?....

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 8:11:56 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Lisa

I am new here but I just purchased a 15x15 FancierStudios for 229 and have been practicing on it and it's great

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 10:00:24 PM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothingPrinting
How bad actually are the ebay ones?. I know this is very low, but my budget is only £130.

They start on ebay at £60, but I'm looking into the more expensive ones at £130.

Do they warranty the shirts you make? Because a batch of screwed up shirts could quickly out-cost a cheap press.

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 11:22:38 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggs4Daze
I am new here but I just purchased a 15x15 FancierStudios for 229 and have been practicing on it and it's great

where you buy it just wondering

Old September 10th, 2014 Sep 10, 2014 4:15:30 AM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggs4Daze
This is heat press is advertised as a 'sublimation' heat press and may not be be adequate for all plastisol transfers, vinyl, etc.

Old September 10th, 2014 Sep 10, 2014 1:29:49 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proworlded
This is heat press is advertised as a 'sublimation' heat press and may not be be adequate for all plastisol transfers, vinyl, etc.
Can you explain to me the difference please, Thank you.

Old September 10th, 2014 Sep 10, 2014 1:32:31 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,112 Posts

Sublimation transfers do not require as much pressure as plastisol transfers. For the most part, Chinese manufacturers are only familiar with sublimation.

Old September 10th, 2014 Sep 10, 2014 1:58:19 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proworlded
Sublimation transfers do not require as much pressure as plastisol transfers. For the most part, Chinese manufacturers are only familiar with sublimation.
The pressure is very hard and the temp goes up to 600. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Old September 13th, 2014 Sep 13, 2014 4:21:01 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish213
I have been working with a hotronix fusion press machine for the past 2 years. Hotronix Fusion Heat Press by Stahls 16"x20" - (Full Size Shirt Press) . This one costs $1850+tax.
I have been sublimation printing with this heat press.
Are there other heat press machines (ones that are in the $350-$1000 range) that are just as good, or produce the same quality results for a lower price.
16" x 20" Digital Heat Press Transfer Machines - Top Brands With Top Warranties!
16" x 24" Heat Press Transfer Machines - Top Brands With Top Warranties!
Whether it's heat presses, tools, electronics gear, etc. - you get what you pay for. The Fusion is one of the best presses out there so the price is not out of line.

I think you can go down to about $1100 and still get the quality and results the Fusion delivers. I'm talking the Geo Knight DK20, the Hix HT600, and the Stahl's Maxx-20.

If you are a hobbyist and can live with little or no tech support, empty warranties, poor performance, crude workmanship, no replacement parts, etc., then an eBay cheap-o-matic is for you. If on the other hand you intend to run a business that needs quality and reliability to deliver on your commitments, then go with the proven performers.

The heat press is the key component of most garment businesses. When you think about the profit you can make with one or two big orders, $1000 or so isn't that much. Saying you can't afford a decent press doesn't make a crappy one perform better. That's false rationalization.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stefano For This Useful Post:
drdoct (October 16th, 2014)
Old September 15th, 2014 Sep 15, 2014 6:17:37 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGUNN3R
where you buy it just wondering
I bought it from amazon and so far I have pressed jpss, jet opaq, and vinyl and all are very good. Have not tried Sub yet, only because I am figuring some things out.

Old October 5th, 2014 Oct 5, 2014 6:06:49 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I started with a ebay press I think I paid about 300 over 3-4 years ago. I still have it. It is just now showing me symptoms of about to go out. I cant say that I used it as much as I did this year either. I just ordered the hotronix fusion on friday. Scary feeling when your press is not working properly and your on a tight deadline with a huge order that your customers need for an event that you promised to have for them that I waited to the last minute to finish because I had a rush of smaller orders lol. That is why I want to play it safe from now on with a premium press. I am now also looking at that GK20 press for a back up.

This is a discussion about What is the best heat press for your money that was posted in the Heat Presses - Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in