Can't get 50/50 shirts to accept heat transfer properly - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Can't get 50/50 shirts to accept heat transfer properly

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Day Ago May 17, 2019 10:30:44 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Can't get 50/50 shirts to accept heat transfer properly

I am new to this but I have watched a ton of videos. I just got an oki ii c831-ts printer and am using Forever GmbH laser transfer paper.

I have probably screwed up 20 logos trying to do it right. The problem is, the instruction on the paper give them for poly shirts OR cotton shirts. But not a blend. I have tried the poly method, the cotton method and anything in between. I thought it was just me, but when i used a 100% poly shirt, it worked well. So does anyone have a method that works for them?

on the 100% poly it worked when i had the heat press at 306 degrees, and used high pressure for about 14 seconds.

also, i noticed when i tried on the blend shirt, when i first started to peel, it was pretty good. but as soon as i got half way, it really started to fail with the transfer. i did nothing different, peeled it about 5 seconds after pressing, was steady, etc. but the transfer always got worse as i went along.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Day Ago May 17, 2019 11:49:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Andy

Default Re: Can't get 50/50 shirts to accept heat transfer properly

I think the forever paper is a peel cold paper from the fabric. I usually do it when stone cold. Any heat and you run the risk of peeling any part of it back up from the fabric.

Andy

Old 22 Hours Ago May 17, 2019 3:52:55 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

The directions say to peel immediately after pressing as do the demos i saw on youtube

Old 11 Hours Ago May 18, 2019 2:58:07 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Forever has a number of laser papers, but you are probably using the single sheet ones. These are warm peel, and stick to polyester better than cotton.

1. Make sure you pre-press to remove moisture.

2. Try waiting 10 seconds before peeling.

Old 6 Hours Ago May 18, 2019 8:05:56 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i dont see how it can be warm peel when the instructions say to peel immediately. it doesnt say light or dark, it says it is Forever GmbH

Old 4 Hours Ago May 18, 2019 9:43:35 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota5369
i dont see how it can be warm peel when the instructions say to peel immediately. it doesnt say light or dark, it says it is Forever GmbH

You are probably using the FOREVER Classic+ Universal, as it is the only "hot peel" one. You still have to wait 5 seconds for the toner to solidify a bit, otherwise it will not stick.

Also make sure the temperature and pressure are even over the whole surface. Some cheap heat presses do cause problems like this.

Old 32 Minutes Ago May 18, 2019 2:02:28 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i am definitely waiting the 5 seconds. and i have it figured out on the 100% polyester. it's the blend tht is causing me issues. it says on the instruction paper that it is forever laser transparent (no background) for light and white textiles

This is a discussion about Can't get 50/50 shirts to accept heat transfer properly that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in