Difference between the WF-7710 and the WF-7720 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Difference between the WF-7710 and the WF-7720

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PatWibble
  • 1 Post By PatWibble

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 6 Days Ago May 13, 2019 9:17:04 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Difference between the WF-7710 and the WF-7720

Hello everyone,

Currently doing heat transfer t-shirt and I'm thinking about purchasing the Epson WF-7720. Anyone can tell me what's the difference between the 7720 and the 7710? The only thing I see is the extra paper tray. Is there any other difference, for example, the quality of the prints?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago May 14, 2019 1:43:04 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Difference between the WF-7710 and the WF-7720

No other difference - there is also a 7715 that has no paper trays.

What are you going to use it for? If you are going to use it for Sublimation you need to be aware that the 7710/15/20 use different print heads than the other Epsons that are regularly used for sublimation. You need to check with your ink supplier that their ink is ok.

Most use Epsons DX4 or 5 Micro Piezo print heads but the 7700 printers use 'Precision Core' printheads. My supplier ( Inktec Sublinova) recommend a different formulation for each of the printhead types.

If you are using pigment ink then there should be no problem - Epson use the same Durabrite ink across both printheads.
into the T likes this.

Old 6 Days Ago May 14, 2019 4:23:38 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

PatWibble,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to use it for t-shirt printing with pigment inks. Was thinking about using Cobra ink, what do you think?

I was also looking for a supplier from Alibaba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
No other difference - there is also a 7715 that has no paper trays.

What are you going to use it for? If you are going to use it for Sublimation you need to be aware that the 7710/15/20 use different print heads than the other Epsons that are regularly used for sublimation. You need to check with your ink supplier that their ink is ok.

Most use Epsons DX4 or 5 Micro Piezo print heads but the 7700 printers use 'Precision Core' printheads. My supplier ( Inktec Sublinova) recommend a different formulation for each of the printhead types.

If you are using pigment ink then there should be no problem - Epson use the same Durabrite ink across both printheads.

Old 6 Days Ago May 14, 2019 4:30:08 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Never used Cobra - I'm on a different continent -but they have a good reputation on the forum. The problem of buying on Alibaba or ebay or Amazon is you never know what you are getting. There is no guarantee that the ink will be the same from one batch to the next.

Bulk ink is so cheap ( per print) that you are best to stick with Cobra.
into the T likes this.

Last edited by PatWibble; 5 Days Ago at 11:54 PM..

Old 6 Days Ago May 14, 2019 4:22:50 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Just friendly & helpful

I use the Epson WF 7610 with pigment inks from cobra. No issues ever and i print on jpss for light colored shirts and they make a 3G Opaque for darks . Amazing life span and quality . I have over 40 washes now on my shirts and look like new still.

The difference between the printers you mentioned is an extra paper tray . The print quality is the same on all Epson WF models .

Old 5 Days Ago May 15, 2019 7:16:12 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Thanked 2,491 Times in 2,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by triniboy
Was thinking about using Cobra ink, what do you think?

Cobra supports the 7710/20. They aren't the cheapest supplier but they are reliable.

Old 5 Days Ago May 15, 2019 1:57:36 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Just friendly & helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
Cobra supports the 7710/20. They aren't the cheapest supplier but they are reliable.

Yes the initial cost to go with refills is spendy. but it also depends on the size of ink bottles you first buy.

I went with the pre-filled carts and the 4 8oz bottle kit for my Epson WF 7610 and its was like $170. but that's a lot of ink. And then after the fact, the bottles are only 40 bucks for 8oz kit. which is super affordable versus buying regular carts from walmart or office depot for like $110 or the kit from cobraink for $40 bucks and i get up or around 8-10 refills per color. Very worth the cost and with the color profiles they provide.

This is a discussion about Difference between the WF-7710 and the WF-7720 that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in