613 Originals on Polyester - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

613 Originals on Polyester

Like Tree15Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 8th, 2019 Apr 8, 2019 4:32:15 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 613 Originals on Polyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdave
Light pressure 2 on a hottronics.
355F
55 seconds
That is probably acceptable for dye subilmation but that is very low pressure for a plastisol transfer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2019 May 1, 2019 8:33:53 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi78
So I ordered some transfers from 613 Originals...Which I LOVE...I got the Varsity transfers because I'm applying to 100% polyester, and another set of transfers to cotton and 50/50 cotton poly. The transfers adhered to the cotton shirts beautifully. After doing one black poly shirt, you can clearly see scorch marks. See attached photo. The formula recommends the temp to be at 325 degress, and press for 7 seconds. i did just that. The transfer applied perfectly, minus the scorch marks. Has anyone pressed these on poly at a lower temp? Does it adhere fine and take a washing fine? I have a large order to fill, and don't want to ruin all the shirts. Thanks in advance.
I was getting scorch marks on poly and poly/cotton blends as well. I tried several methods but was not getting the quality I wanted. I use a hotronix 16x20 press and bought the lower heated platen and control unit. Since I started using that, I've had "0" scorching issues. The system is pricey (about $900) but it's paid for itself several times over.
gigi78 likes this.

Old May 1st, 2019 May 1, 2019 10:21:42 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It's best to follow the transfer pressing instructions. Have you checked the heat platen with a Digital Pyrometer w/Surface Probe Kit? Your press may be running hot. Did/do the garments contain sunscreen protection? Sunscreen, UV and waterproof/repellent coating can/do scorch. When in doubt TEST, TEST and TEST some more yourself, never totally rely on another person's expertise. No one knows your equipment and setup better than you. Truth be told, most of the common problems experienced with heat transfers are operator error. Speaking from 45+ years of heat transfer decorating experience Good Luck & Keep On Pressing!

The Following User Says Thank You to gulfsidebill For This Useful Post:
gigi78 (May 28th, 2019)

Old 6 Days Ago Sep 15, 2020 5:52:51 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Call me Tom

I know this is an old post but what brand and model of shirts were those?

I'm going to be pressing some soccer shirts with 613 transfers soon.

This is a discussion about 613 Originals on Polyester that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in