New Heat Transfer technique - HD Prints - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

New Heat Transfer technique - HD Prints

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 8:10:00 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New Heat Transfer technique - HD Prints

We've developed a new heat transfer technique. As for now I have not seen any vendor/method that can match it in terms of quality, speed, cost and versatility.

This is a no cut, no weed, no a+b, just transfer solution. Transfers at about 266F at just 15 seconds, cold peel, 3 seconds repress. You can do it with an ordinary iron. The feel is softer and thinner than heat transfer papers/vinyl. There's a low MOQ. Just 5 A3 sheets.

It can do insanely fine details, works on cotton and polyester, non-woven bags, caps, leather, PVC sheets, umbrellas. Does not work on mugs.

As far as I know, the end product is just like Offset transfer and the laser dark no cut. But we are not using this method. We are from Malaysia. We have asked just about every printer in the nation. Non have seen something like this.

Do you know of any vendor that can do this? We call it HD Prints (since there is no term for it yet)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20170506-WA0016.jpg (37.0 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg HD-Prints-T-Shirt.jpg (81.7 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg HD Print-A3 sheet-www.jpg (142.8 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg HDPrint-Stickers.jpg (196.8 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20170506-WA0017.jpg (44.6 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170523_213551_500.jpg (87.9 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg astro-sample.jpg (474.5 KB, 168 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 8:27:26 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Olga

Default Re: New Heat Transfer technique - HD Prints

Nice. I like it

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 8:37:17 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

price?when?how?

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 9:21:07 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I like the idea of low temperature required. Is the material polyurethane? How is the wash fastness?

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 9:29:12 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,132 Times in 839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcumber
We've developed a new heat transfer technique. As for now I have not seen any vendor/method that can match it in terms of quality, speed, cost and versatility.

This is a no cut, no weed, no a+b, just transfer solution. Transfers at about 266F at just 15 seconds, cold peel, 3 seconds repress. You can do it with an ordinary iron. The feel is softer and thinner than heat transfer papers/vinyl. There's a low MOQ. Just 5 A3 sheets.

It can do insanely fine details, works on cotton and polyester, non-woven bags, caps, leather, PVC sheets, umbrellas. Does not work on mugs.

As far as I know, the end product is just like Offset transfer and the laser dark no cut. But we are not using this method. We are from Malaysia. We have asked just about every printer in the nation. Non have seen something like this.

Do you know of any vendor that can do this? We call it HD Prints (since there is no term for it yet)
So what is the technique? Is it screen print transfer? How can we search if there is a vendor or other maker if you don't say how it was made.
elcielo and olga1 like this.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 11:19:35 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Attached is the wash test, after 20 washing machine washes, normal temp.

It's not PU. I just need .ai / high res jpg, and the A3 sheets will be done within 48 hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg washtest1.jpg (111.4 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg washtest2.jpg (122.4 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by splathead; June 12th, 2017 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Removed pricing per forum rules.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 11:21:27 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

It looks like it was done through a company that has a bunch of screen printing videos, MD Textiles who is a Malaysian supply company.

This video shows them ironing labels but doesn't say how they were printed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvD4tW3LI_E

All the videos they have posted seem to be screen printing and Bazu and MD Textiles kind of seem to be the same.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 11:25:49 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

yes, thats me on youtube. but it's not screen print this time. it isn't possible with high dpi / full color / super fine.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 11:48:08 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Damn, I was thinking we can buy empty transfers which will be revolution in transfers printing ...To bad.

Must admit minimum is nice.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 3:35:49 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcumber
Selling for about US3.55 per A3 sheet. Minimum , just 5 sheets.
But for US customers this won't work. What's shipping time? 3 weeks?

Unless you have a distributor in the US that can deliver them in 2-3 days without paying expensive express shipping charges, I don't see how it will catch on.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 3:44:16 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Travis

Just bought a Similar system from Conde its the REVEAL S WC but they have a new printer for it (not for sale yet) the Epson P600T Vivid Chemicals makes the inks and they are textile inks not Sublimation inks. Print to transfer in reverse press to garment hot peel. designs are gorgeous. Ill post some pictures later. Currently I bought the Printer from the NBM show in Indianapolis. Waiting for them to get back to there office and mail me the RIP for the printer so I can really aggressively test this product.

So far the shirts from the show are great we literally took them home and started continuously running them through very hot cycles in the washer and dryer and they aren't fading or changing one bit.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 3:52:15 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoma
But for US customers this won't work. What's shipping time? 3 weeks?

Unless you have a distributor in the US that can deliver them in 2-3 days without paying expensive express shipping charges, I don't see how it will catch on.
The same goes for Europe...That's why I was hoping those are some new blank transfers.

There is no point in ordering stuff across the planet if I can get screen printed transfers at my local shop. Either way I would need to take a lot of sheets. Local shop so I get lower price, Malaysia so I don't wait half year for designs which I run out of them...

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 5:54:49 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travb1999
Just bought a Similar system from Conde its the REVEAL S WC but they have a new printer for it (not for sale yet) the Epson P600T Vivid Chemicals makes the inks and they are textile inks not Sublimation inks. Print to transfer in reverse press to garment hot peel. designs are gorgeous. Ill post some pictures later. Currently I bought the Printer from the NBM show in Indianapolis. Waiting for them to get back to there office and mail me the RIP for the printer so I can really aggressively test this product.

So far the shirts from the show are great we literally took them home and started continuously running them through very hot cycles in the washer and dryer and they aren't fading or changing one bit.
But the Revels Conde had demonstrated is not transparent film unlike the Malaysian attached photo. So I don't think the Malaysian transfer is RevelS. According to Mr. Doug Dewit Revels has hand to it. Unless it is a new version of RevelS.

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 6:06:31 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travb1999

But the Reveals Conde had demonstrated is for light garment. Unless it is a new version that works with dark garment. According to Doug Dewit it had a heavy feel to it.

Last edited by Lnfortun; June 3rd, 2017 at 06:21 PM..

Old June 3rd, 2017 Jun 3, 2017 6:09:41 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Travis

The stuff we got to handle had little to no hand the whites on the darks were darn near perfect. Its not sublimation with absolutely no hand but it is not like HTV (easyweed)

This is a discussion about New Heat Transfer technique - HD Prints that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in