Forever Transfer Rip White Outlines - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Forever Transfer Rip White Outlines

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 22nd, 2016 Dec 22, 2016 9:04:19 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Michael
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Forever Transfer Rip White Outlines

Hi, can anyone advise me on this issue i'm facing with the Forever Transfer Rip? i'm getting white outlining where i dont want it, i've inserted 2 pics to describe whats happening, anyone know what to do? number one is the image, number two is after laying down the white before print???
thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1.13 MB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 1_LI.jpg (2.49 MB, 64 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2016 Dec 22, 2016 7:59:13 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,128 Times in 835 Posts

Default Re: Forever Transfer Rip White Outlines

Those are dark strokes around the objects. The reason why it is white because dark turns to white when the image is inverted into negative. It is negated so that there will be no white toner applied to it.

Old December 22nd, 2016 Dec 22, 2016 11:26:03 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnfortun
Those are dark strokes around the objects. The reason why it is white because dark turns to white when the image is inverted into negative. It is negated so that there will be no white toner applied to it.
Hi Luis but the rip is printing white lines "around" parts of the image after removing the background in PS, see these new pics attached, i tried white toner reduction which did not work however there's very little help on trouble shooting, i'll trying removing the background and adding paths in PS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guitar.jpg (850.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg skull.jpg (704.1 KB, 42 views)

Old December 23rd, 2016 Dec 23, 2016 1:23:32 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,128 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard1
Hi Luis but the rip is printing white lines "around" parts of the image after removing the background in PS, see these new pics attached, i tried white toner reduction which did not work however there's very little help on trouble shooting, i'll trying removing the background and adding paths in PS
That is pretty bad. Are the images you posted transferred on the shirt Or is it on transparency. The lines are pretty thin. It probably will not show on the shirt.

If it is on the shirt you can try something like these starting from scratch.

1) Double click the Background lock if the image is flattened. Else skip to 3
2) Click OK
3) Select all the white background
4) Press delete. The white background will change to transparent.
5) Click Select.
6) Click Inverse.
7) Click Paths tab
8) Make New path
9) Save the new path
10) Print the image in transparency

Try it also without deleting the background. Just make and save the path.

Last edited by Lnfortun; December 23rd, 2016 at 01:40 PM..

Old December 24th, 2016 Dec 24, 2016 4:53:21 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

yes it is only on the transfer i would not risk a print, it looks like i should could create the paths first, i'll let you know
thanks Luis

Old August 6th, 2017 Aug 6, 2017 9:19:57 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Bre
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Question Re: Forever Transfer Rip White Outlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard1
yes it is only on the transfer i would not risk a print, it looks like i should could create the paths first, i'll let you know
thanks Luis
Hello, first time poster here and I was curious if you had managed to figure out why the transfer RIP software kept adding a white outline on your work, I have been having the same problem. I will create a file in photoshop with transparent background, no outline etc and even verify by importing the work over to illustrator and putting on top of a colored background to confirm there is no white that shouldn't be and then go to print and voila, if I use the RIP software it gives a white outline on the image. If anyone could provide guidance, it would be much appreciated.

Also for what it's worth, this only occurs when printing via the RIP software, if I print direct via Adobe, it does not contain the white outline.

This is a discussion about Forever Transfer Rip White Outlines that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in